Are Airstones Obsolete?

likewise, as i previously said, its great to have one in difficult to get areas to clean. with me its behind all the rock i have, and various caves that do get a bit of debris and chit. having an aircurtain placed there, often creates an uplift, which therefore removes the debris from areas that you would not be able to clean.

Last summer during a heat wave, I lost some fish. I added two airstones to the tank(55gal), and haven't had any problems since. The warmer the water is, the less oxygen it holds....it works for me!

Last summer during a heat wave, I lost some fish. I added two airstones to the tank(55gal), and haven't had any problems since. The warmer the water is, the less oxygen it holds....it works for me!
interesting, as the temperature rises the water can hold less O2, so adding more, may well not work. but could it be that the air is actually cooling the tank a bit?

i just bought a new " bubble disk" and am now peeved as it wont sink! in the diagram its sits on top of the gravel, so i thought great!!............ will it hell!! :(

i just bought a new " bubble disk" and am now peeved as it wont sink! in the diagram its sits on top of the gravel, so i thought great!!............ will it hell!! :(
lol, i know what you mean, mine had suckers on the bottom, but it vanishes in the substrate well before it gets to the glass. i ended up putting an ornament on top of it! i guess sticking it to a rock, or some such, may help.

feel like taking it back and telling them where to shove it!! that the second time today they have ####ed me off.. sorry

i have a dougnut type air stone which is in my lobster tank, i have it in the centre and had to pour more sand in to keep it under the sand, which it does now, looks great

Most reactions

Back