AQUARIUM ABOUT TO BUST!

bshockstubb

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a new 55 gallon aquarium and I just got done putting water and the decorations all in there...But in order to put my powerheads inside i had to remove to little glass things at the top and now the aqurium is swelling like ready to burst open!!!!I already glued the glassthings back on last night(things have just got worse)and they broke off today!!!! I need a way to hold the aquaium so it wont burst! Please HELP :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Siliconing the braces back on WILL work....but the tank will have to be empty and the glass will need to be razored clean. (no old silicone)
Personally I cannot believe you took out/off such an important part of the tank....braces are there for a reason....sorry, I am sure you have learned that already. Good luck with getting it all back together. :thumbs:

All the answers in the world are great, in hindsight...we have all done stupid things when it comes to our fish and our tanks....

Yes, the tank needs to be emptied, drained, cleaned, excess silicon removed....

Question: did you take the top bit off without removing any of the water? If the glass is bowing as badly as you say it may not be able to be fixed....

I hope it all works out for you though...let us know how it goes

my dad and i have decided to drain it, then re-glue the braces to it plus add 2 metal backet bars on each side of the tank to kindasqueeze it to gether so it will hold! I hope this works!!!!

Its fine now....I added a bracket welded with a bar going to across to another bracket and it works fine! We reguled the glass brackets and have added have the water in there now....Now we have to build a cusom lid for the thing!! :hey:

Most reactions

Back