Aquarialand

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
This past week I've paid a visit to an lfs in the capital city of our province. When I was surfing the internet for some stores in my area, I came across this one. Just an hour away from my place. It's a small store but all the basics that are needed were in stock. They've got a freshwater and a marine section. I loved the two tanks with corals in them. I've met up with the owner and we had some interesting chats while enjoying a cup of coffee.
I like to visit small businesses. Most small businesses are more relaxed and talking about the hobby is taken seriously in a sort of private setting.
I've made this short tour video of this store...

This past week I've paid a visit to an lfs in the capital city of our province. When I was surfing the internet for some stores in my area, I came across this one. Just an hour away from my place. It's a small store but all the basics that are needed were in stock. They've got a freshwater and a marine section. I loved the two tanks with corals in them. I've met up with the owner and we had some interesting chats while enjoying a cup of coffee.
I like to visit small businesses. Most small businesses are more relaxed and talking about the hobby is taken seriously in a sort of private setting.
I've made this short tour video of this store...

Lucky You... One of the last Pop's LFS nearby, closed the day of my birthday last year...

And there's only one left and the remaining alternatives are crappy or online.

These locally owned Mom and Pop aquarium and fish stores are dropping like flies in the USA . They can’t run with the corporate outfits and people shop for price and convenience . It’s only us diehards that frequent the LFS and they can’t make it on three or four loyal customers .

Lucky You... One of the last Pop's LFS nearby, closed the day of my birthday last year...

And there's only one left and the remaining alternatives are crappy or online.
Fish stores are well represented in Western Europe.
These locally owned Mom and Pop aquarium and fish stores are dropping like flies in the USA . They can’t run with the corporate outfits and people shop for price and convenience . It’s only us diehards that frequent the LFS and they can’t make it on three or four loyal customers .
I don't know the mom and pop aquarium stores. Is that an American chain store?

Mom and pop aquarium stores are stores run by families not big companies. They are usually staffed by mum, dad and maybe the kids. It's a general reference to any small pet shop that isn't owned by a company that has a chain of them in different states.

Most reactions

Back