FishNoob

SigTank2.jpg

bittersweet

mytank.jpg

stanley

post-22-1081966482.jpg

myenigmaself

post-22-1081614568.jpg

i thought small tank of the month was for tanks with a volume of 15 us gallons and less...
The contests available

Tank Of The Month (Large Aquaria) (15 US gallons, 12.5 UK Gallons, or 56.78 L and larger tanks)
Tank Of The Month (Small Aquaria) (For Tanks under 15 US gallons, 12.5 UK Gallons, or 56.78 L)
Fish Of The Month
When you post pics of your tank you will have to post the size of the tank so that we can make sure that you are entered in the correct competition.
isn't fishnoob's 29 gallons?
29 Gallon tank:
1 female Blue Gourami
1 male Blue Gourami
3 Zebra Danios
29GallonEd.jpg
isn't stanley's 29 gallons?
WOW thanks alot,yes all the plants are real in my 29g.This is my first proper attempt at a planted tank .

someone please slap the hell out of me if i am mistaken...

Yes, that is what is written in the rules, unfortunately those rules were written long ago, and due to the small number of tanks nominated for STOTM, I decided to up the limits, 0-30 for STOTM, 31 + for LTOTM. We usually only get one or two nominations for STOTM which does not make a competition, looking back on previous competitions, a lot of them were just two horse races where one raced home and the other got beaten into the ground.

I think that small tanks of any size can look equally well, if enough thought and creativity is put into it, so while more can fit in a 30G than a 10G, in the right hands a 10G can look better than the 30G.

I didnt write the rules, in fact a new rule list was written after that which is presently posted, unfortunately it vanished after the site went down, but from speaking with the people who ran it then at the time, the limit went up for the reasons stated above. I cant remember what the new limits were, but I will update the rules as posted on the site now.

Apologies for the confusions, if this doesn't seem a fair way to run the competition, we will consider changing the rules for next months competitions.

Thanks,

Ken

eh. oh well. no biggy. i feel that there is a very very large difference, however, in what you can do with a 30 gallon compared to what you can do with a 10 gallon.
there are 4 tanks that are under 15 gallons in the competition...

Ok thanks Ken. :thumbs: I also think 30g is to large but thats IMO. My 30g can fit more decor plants etc in and is way easier to set out then a 10g.

I understand that it is a big difference, but on the other hand, last two months we had only one tank in each TOTM that would have qualified for STOTM, and these tanks were pitched against tanks of every size, we could save up nominations until we have enough entries for a full competition, but it may take a long time!

The only fair way is to seperate the very large from the average joe's tank, this is what I was trying to achieve, but its my fault for not updating the rules. Doh!
I would consider a 30 Gallon tank to be a standard sized family tank, and above that is usually the fish fanatic sized, which of course would be very well presented too.

Any comments on this are very welcome :)

Ken

i think the rules should state that up to 30 gallons will only be included in a months stotm if there are less than 3 (not including 3) tanks under 15 gallons nominated in that month.

Kind of ruins the chances for the ACTUAL small tanks....hmph..... :/

....anyway, you all know who I voted for anyway.

flyhockey gets mine too... not only cuz his tank is cool, but his name says HOCKEY

woo GO CANUCKS GO

:X

Most reactions

Back