Api Test Tubes In The Uk

tom130691

Fishaholic
Reaction score
probably been asked alot the first thing i did with my api master kit was break a tube :no:

where is the best place to get a replacements as i would like to get 2 more and make a total of 5 so i can do all the tests in one go :good:

There has to be a cheaper source of these tubes for the hobbyist - that's a lot of money! My cat seems to like stealing the lids overnight so I'm down to 2 lids.

I've still not worked out the chemistry of all the tests, but I think they are designed for 5ml plus or minus a fair bit, so even using a syringe to dose into a capped specimen tube with reasonable optical clarity should do...

BTW, 5 tests? Surely you only do 4 - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and one of the pHs?

ye but my ph is between the 2 cards so i always do both and 1would always be spare
and ye that website is abit silly price wise £5 for 2 deliverd ill try my lfs see if he has any from his old kits

ive got 2 spare api tubes with lids you can have if you're near me in chichester

pm sent regarding address details.
Dont woryy aboutpayment as postage can't be more than a pound or so i wouldnt think.

Nick

I was down to 2 because they always seem to find the ground :lol: and that was between two test kits. I had to by an ammonia replacement cause ran out and didn't need any of the others I got a tube with that so I'm up to three. You might look at ebay or a place that sells chemistry stuff might be able to get a good deal there. If you still in school or know someone who is and if you have a chemistry lab you could see if they have some.

address received.. will post Tuesday sometime

It was posted this morning first class so should be with you soon.

Most reactions

Back