Api Master Test Kit ...

paulyoung666

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just noticed on amazon that they are selling for as little as £18.99 delivered , serious bargain if you can get one .....

but then after using one myself i wont be buying another yes they are ok but also a pain in the backside to use and people have trouble reading the chart as some of the colours are nearly identical on the chart.

Once ive used this test kit up ill be spending that bit extra for a seachem kit as from what ive heard they are that bit more accurate and much easier to use.

I agree to a degree with you , but I reckon it is fine for the important numbers you need to get right ....

I agree to a degree with you , but I reckon it is fine for the important numbers you need to get right ....

I agree too. The API kit is fine and the best value for money in my opinion.

Generally speaking, even while cycling, the important readings you need to know are 0 or not 0.

Its not just the red of the Nitrate reading that concerns me its also the colour of the ammonia chart as I read on a thread that the colour chart in the master test kit is different to the one you get when you buy Api ammonia test solution seperate. It apparently concerns the colour for the 0ppm - 0.25ppm reading.

Im not sure as I have not seen this with my own eyes but may explain why for me I cannot get a reading of 0ppm ammonia according to my chart that came with my master test kit. I admit i may well have ammonia at 0.25ppm present in my water at all times but the more I hear the less faith I have in the Api test kit.
Also when my lfs test my water they get a 0ppm reading for ammonia also.

Most reactions

Back