Api Master Freshwater Test Kits

Lord Zogat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How long are these good for. Do they expire. I was watching one on ebay that says the bottles are still sealed but its a year old.

Hmm. I dont see why they would expire but what do i know :D
I would just go with a new one. To be on the safe side.

If it is so cheap that there is nothing to loose go and get it and try on some practice water or something.

Would this salt water test kit contain everything I need to test for a fhisless cycle?

New In Box Aquarium Pharmaceuticals SALTWATER MASTER Liquid Test Kit. It will preform 4 different test. For testing Saltwater and Reef Aquariums. pH- performs 250 tests Nitrite- performs 180 tests Ammonia- performs 130 tests Nitrate- performs 130 tests, Instruction booklet complete with information on Water Testing, Water Resistant Computer Calibrated Color Charts, Test Solutation Bottles for 4 Saltwater Test and Four Glass Test Tubes with Snap Tight Caps in Holders

I got mine from Pets at Home for £17.99 which I thought was good value. I recommend them and I did remember reading that certain tests do have a life span mayeb try a search ? sorry can`t help anymore.

I've also got an API kit and I can't find anywhere where it tells you to use within a certain time fter opening or a best before date.

I've also got an API kit and I can't find anywhere where it tells you to use within a certain time fter opening or a best before date.
I`ve tried finding where I read it Cheffi the actually kits don`t have any kind of best before , myabe it was PFK Magazine I`ll have a look.

Well done nick. Checked mine and they are all around Oct/Nov 2005 so are all well within date.

I can't find any test kits on ebay that will allow me to test for at least PH, ammonia and nitrite, without having to buy from the US or UK. This is Crazy.

sounds as though you do not want to "do business" with the U.K or U.S??

in your part of the world - there must be a test kit that allows you to test for pH, NH4 and NO2

but to me - dont matter which country you do business with as long as the thing you are after does what you want it to do

dont cut your nose to spite your face!!!!!!!!!! - buy it - if you cant get it in your part of the world????

sounds as though you do not want to "do business" with the U.K or U.S??

in your part of the world - there must be a test kit that allows you to test for pH, NH4 and NO2

but to me - dont matter which country you do business with as long as the thing you are after does what you want it to do

dont cut your nose to spite your face!!!!!!!!!! - buy it - if you cant get it in your part of the world????

Yes they are for sale in Canada, just most online orders ship from US locations. For instance. Petsmart has stores in Ontario Canada, but to place an oline order it comes from New York.

Current auctions on ebay are from US or UK, no canadian sellers.

So to order online from petsmart the kit is $14, shipping $7, fuel charge and border crossing $19

so I would be better to drive to the nearest city for that cost.

Oh I see what you mean. In that case I'd just drive to my lfs and buy one. Good luck.

i did but my first ever API test kit from a store that i drove to - as online (at that time) were dearer than the one in the shop!!

but now they seem to be that little cheaper - getting them online

but the shipping causes the price to soar - (pain aint it????)

wonder if they would decrease their shipping cost if they were to just send the components without all the fluffy packaging - as it it a bulky box - without this - surely the bottles and tubes (if packaged correctly) would be a little cheaper

but then again the test tubes are glass........there needs to be a post put on e-bay then......CALLING CANADIAN SELLERS!!!!!

You only need an ammonia, nitrite and nitrate test kit if you want to do a fishless cycle. This will work out cheaper.

If you dont do a fishless cycle, a test kit is not neccesary.

Most reactions

Back