Anyone from the English Midlands....

Reaction score
Sorry I know this will have very limited interest... but I notice quite a few people from not too far away from me in the Midlands. As I've not kept FW fish for a few years now, I was looking around for good local shops, and I wondered if you could recommend any? The best looking one I've found so far is Erdington Aquatics, which seems to have a nice selection. Thanks! :)

I don't know about local to you but there is a really good mail order place with a websitr that delivers all over the UK. They have a very wide selection of tropicals and also have marine and coldwater sections. I find their prices including the £10 shipping to be less expensive than me going to my lfs.

Tri-Mar Aquaria

Sorry if you already know of them, they are a firm favourite in the UK and many people recommend them.

HTH :)

I forget the name, but I found a nice little fish shop off the A52 on the outskirts of Nottingham when I was at my girlfriends a couple of weeks ago.

In fact they had some fish I've been trying to get round here (Cheshire) for quite some time - Ottos and SAE's (believe it or not).

If you leave the M1 at the A52 jct (Jct 21?) and head for Nottingham, there's a garden centre about 1 or 2 roundabouts along. :thumbs:

You could try Tropical water aquatics in Acocks Green.

I caught the bug many many, years ago working in that shop on a Saturday.
Very friendly people, and a great selection of fish.

If you go in mention me to Jeanette, just say Robert who moved to Cornwall says Hello.

I moved near Trimar aquatics, so can recommend them too, I have only heard good reports about their mail order service.

All the best Robert.

Midlands Aquatic Centre
6 hawes close
the broadway
walsall
S1 3HG

These guys are pretty well stocked and really know their stuff.
Coldwater, tropical and marine

from what I'v heard, warf's great. good for oddballs etc. shirley's also good.

ste :)

Thanks for all those suggestions folks! :thumbs: I can now do a local tour! :D

I'm in Wolverhampton so the West Mids ones are easiest but I don't mind travelling a bit further afield too.

If your up for a drive then the Goldfish bowl in oxford is like a super store. Its crazy how much stock they have. If you can't find it there then it doesn't exist. I would recommend as a good day out aswell because its just like going to an aquarium :lol:

you could try.

World of water at Whittaker gardencentre. It comes under Birmingham/coleshill.

It is on the A51.
Really Nice staff, loads of tanks and very very good prices.

Grassmere Aquatics is a good place as well, so is Holy Bush, them 2 places I use.

Most reactions

Back