Anybody up to some aquatic breeding?

I need to find nano Hardy fish anyways since I have hard water. Definitely interested in the Formosa. Not fond of guppies since they give me nightmares, endler's are similar.
Will bookmark your list for future reference.
Wel. H.formosa can also be kept at lower temperatures. They're pretty hardy fish.

I assume they are rare in the UK so profit of grown fry would be relatively high.
Besides H.formosa, also other kinds of rare livebearers of mine went to the UK the past few years. So, they do swim in the UK.
But yes, when they are still considered being rare species in a specific country, breeders will keep those prices up.

If you'd google my username, you'll find also my webiste about livebearers.

Besides H.formosa, also other kinds of rare livebearers of mine went to the UK the past few years. So, they do swim in the UK.
But yes, when they are still considered being rare species in a specific country, breeders will keep those prices up.

If you'd google my username, you'll find also my webiste about livebearers.
I have looked at your website. Good information 👍If any feedback, then maybe add minimum tank sizes because on TFF we know what's right.
Nice pictures!

I kept trying with my wife .. but she always says NO!!!🤣🤣🤣

Real answer
Killie's
Cardinals
Sun fish
mozambique mouth breeders
Just to mention a few.

Thought I'd show some pics of my 3 week old Golden Ram fry.

Attachments

• Ram1.jpg
    Ram1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 39
I divide spawning in my into two categories. The first is when the fish just go on their own with no intention nor help from me. The second are the fish I specifically acquire with the intention of trying to spawn them. I have had more species fall into the former category but many more fry from the latter. Those which have an * after the name means I have pics of either the adults, the offspring or both. Unfortunately, I lost my first few years of fish pics when doing a PC upgrade. I did post a few pics below.

Spawned on their own
panda and sterbae cory
LF rosy barb
Farlowella vitatta*
i-M4295qB-S.jpg

Zebra, choprae and roseus danio
Two strains of Xiphophorus montezumae*
i-9sf7jdS-S.jpg

Iriatherina werneri (threadfin rainbow)
Pseudomugil gertrudae and furcatus

Acquired to spawn
Assorted tank strains of bristlenose*
sterbae cory
DD Black Angels*
i-Cs68n97.jpg

Pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi*
Hypancistrus zebra* and contradens*
i-nNtfJX9-M.jpg

Hypancistrus L173b*, L173*, L226*. L236 super white*, L450*
Pekoltia compta*

I have a few other fish produce eggs that never yielded fry because the eggs were infertile or else eaten by the parents or other fish.
Discus*
Paleatus and similis cory
Rineloricaria parva*

I have had red cherry and blue velvet neocaridina reproduce as well. Plus assassin snails out the whazoo.

i-prpCmtB-M.jpg

Is anyone currently breeding any lifeforms(excluding pest snails🤣)?
@Essjay I think you have Cherry shrimp. Which grades are they and are you going to breed them selectively? I'm very interested in genetics, I am researching about Cherry Shrimp, Angelfish, Guppy and even Budgerigar inheritance! I would love to know more about Angelfish alleles and right now all I know about guppies is that the dorsal fin is inherited via the male. Anymore information given and I'll gladly read it🙂
Away from genetics, anybody generally breeding aquatic animals like assassin snails, tetras and more? Would love to see pictures and journals!
If you already have threads, I would like links. I may or may not have seen them yet.
Thanks!
I’m going to be breeding some blue dragon guppies :)

Most reactions

Back