Anybody Know What These Plants Are?

Fats

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,bought some new plants today i would be grateful if somebody could identify them for me because nobady at my LPS knows what they are :angry:
DSC01077.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

Thanks

Ian

I will make a recomendation. Make sure the hygro and the water sprite have lots of light. In light they both grow like weeds! However make sure there planted pretty far from one another as they will grow FAST once they get comfy in the aquarium!

They water sprite you need to trim now and then as the new stalks will grow from teh bottom and old ones will die out and if you clip the old out and let the new have more light then they grow that much faster,

As for the Hygro once it grows too tall for your liking just cut it in the middle just above one of the leaf spanws and then replant the top half in the ground. In no time the cut/replanted half will grow out into its own plant.

Its crazy how fast and ez thoes 2 plants are to take care of :)

The lasy in not Crypto wendii
It's look's to be a sword.

Plant #1: Hygrophila difformis

Plant #2: Looks like either Hydrocotyle leucocephala or H. sibthorpioides, could also be Cardamine lyrata. I'm leaning towards the Cardamine

Plant #3: Hygrophila polysperma, probably.

Plant #4: Either a cryptocoryne or an Echinodorus, would help if I knew the size. I'm also leaning toward a crypt, though.

Actually, I have both Pennywort and Cardamine Lyrata, and I'd swear the pic looks like Pennywort, which is sturdier and slightly different from the otherwise similar Cardamine.
It's nice to have both, in part because Pennywort can also function as a floating plant.

Most reactions

Back