Any Tips For Raising C.similis Fry?

I did kind of got preoccupied with new batch of eggs/wigglers from the Angel pair recently. And some of the other tanks took the back seat. And I did notice the water quality got compromised a little. So I did water change on Thursday and Friday morning again.
And what do you know. The Similis liked it. I mean they really liked it. They liked it so much that the females start transporting eggs in the afternoon. :hyper: And I thought they are finished and I collected the eggs at the night.
But I saw few more eggs in Saturday morning so I guess they were not quite finished yet.

And this morning, I decide to take some water out of the 55g where many C. Melanotaenia are in. And the tank light wasn't still on and I didn't realized for few minutes until the water level subside. But there are some clutch of eggs on the front glass. And I turned the light on and collect them and there are some more eggs on back corners also.

And ironic thing was they have been quiet for a while like few months without leaving single eggs. And I was just thinking to take some to our local aquarium auction on next Saturday. So I can reduce the population of the tank to low enough and shuffle fish and tanks around. And use the tank for upcoming Angels in a few month. :rolleyes:
Of course I collected the eggs. It is not for my nature to NOT to collect eggs. Especially the eggs are piled up to the only few spots instead of scatter to all over the place. And the Melanotaenia do pile up the eggs. And near the water surface also. How can I not to collect.

And about the C Similis. I think I may have some fry growing as I see some fry I can't recognize in the fry tank. I can see the Panda, Pleatus, Sterbai, Albino Sterbai and Melanotaenia. And there are few mysterious frys. And I haven't got any eggs from others so they must be C.Similis kids. Although this mysterious kids does have spots but no markings on dorsal or tail although have the line over their eyes. Although it is kind of hard to imagine how they develop their trademark smudge spot but I guess they will in a few month.

Hopefully I can keep them alive and grow them. And I better keep up with the water change.

Sounds like it is getting busy!

I just collected eggs from my simulatus and green neons. I have read that the green babies are a little sensitive. The simulatus also have never hatched successfully. But I am going to pay more attention this time.

Sounds like it is getting busy!

I just collected eggs from my simulatus and green neons. I have read that the green babies are a little sensitive. The simulatus also have never hatched successfully. But I am going to pay more attention this time.

Well you should instead of wasting time on the forums helping me!

Err, wait a minute, that came out wrong.

Good luck with them.

Most reactions

Back