Any Of These Cichlids Good In A 125l Community Tank?

serbusfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've just set up a 125l aquarium (Juwel Rio 125) and will soon start stocking it (once the cycling has finished). Here are the fish I want to include in it:

4 - 5 African Dwarf Frogs
6+ Zebra Loaches
6+ Black Skirt Tetras
5+ Celestial Pearl Danios (Galaxy Rasboras)
Possibly 3 Dwarf Chain Loach
Possible 6+ Neons

Now I was going to get a Betta fish to go with these, but im considering looking in to some of the less aggressive Cichlids instead. I dont know if any will even be compatible, but I have found a few I like and was wondering if any would go with my selected species:

Agassiz's Dwarf
German Blue Ram
Cockatoo Dwarf
Banded Dwarf
Rio Miua Dwarf
Rio Mamore Dwarf
Regan's Dwarf
Lyretail Checkerboard
Rainbow Cichlid

Def not German Blue Rams. They need higher temps.

And honestly, your tank will be stocked as now.

I agree with Crazy for the Rams but not for the fully stocked part? Id say you were a fair way off but not sure its the best choice of mixes at the moment.

For the Tetras and Rainbows I would choose just one school of fish and have a large school - I would also go for a more mid sized tetra than the Black Widows as they could match your dwarf cichlids for size!!

Off your list for cichlids there are quite a few rareish apistos on there so you might need a hand tracking them down. I would skip the Rainbow Cichlids as they are quite large and not a great mix with some of the other fish you would like - though they are very peaceful and if you were after then you could look at the larger tetras and loaches on your list. But for me I think there are other mixes.

For me a few suggestions would be

2 Rainbow Cichlids (try and get 1 male 2 female)
6 Black Widow Tetras
6 Zebra Loaches

or

3 Apistos - Agassiz's Dwarf, Cockatoo Dwarf, Banded Dwarf, Rio Miua Dwarf, Rio Mamore Dwarf or Regan's Dwarf - all the same species 1 male 2 female
10 Neons
6 Zebra Loaches
4 Dwarf African Frogs

or

5 Checkerboard Cichlids 1 male 4 female
15 Galaxy Rasbora
8 Dwarf Chain Loaches
4 African Dwarf Frogs

Wills

Most reactions

Back