Any Body From Sheffield

AshleyT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does any body on Sheffield know about piranhas and were they are sold?

Not sure mate, I am from Manchester but just thought as it was a nationwide chain it might be worth a shot :good:

Ohh it's jut that I go their a lot and never seen any pal

Not from there but iv kept piranhas and they are quite boring tbh. Very shy and skittish. And very messy. I had 5, all very small, 1 died (got stuck in outlet pipe) when I first had them. then about 6 months later the dominant 1 turned on and killed (ate) all the others. He is now in the tank alone and is a chunky 7 inch. He is so aggressive. Even goes for me when I clean the tank so think il be putting him in the 20 gal hospital tank when I change water from now on lol

If I was to have just the one then what is the minimum size and what filter would I need?

I'd say to always get a group as they hunt in big numbers in the wild and stick together in tanks. Mine just doesn't like company it seems lol he won't tolerate anything else being in his tank now. You could go for 1 but to start it would probably be a lot more shy like not eat when your in the room unless very hungry. If they are in a group or alone and you have hiding places then they will do their best to hide. Use dim lighting to as this will make them less likely to panic and hide as soon as the lights go on. If you were to keep just 1 I'd say 30 - 40 gallons. Preferably the 40 though. I use an external all pond solution ef2000 with uv light on mine and vacuum the sand once a week (30% water change). Bare in mind as well thats with a 55 gal so smaller tank you may need to do bigger changes once a week

a bit of a drive but wet pets in sutton in ashfield stock them and a bit further down the road is wharf aquatics (google wharf aquatics) at pinxton which has an excellent and varied stock of fish and has won national awards in the past i recommend this shop highly i take the kids down just for a look as they have some massive wall sized display tanks they also have loads of cold water fish and reptiles which include small gators.

Yeah wharf have got some in. Went last weekend. Not sure how much they cost tho.

Iv seen some on trimar.co.uk
They are 5 pound for 1 and 3 for 12 pound an they are the red bellys so might have a look into that 1 day

Iv seen some on trimar.co.uk
They are 5 pound for 1 and 3 for 12 pound an they are the red bellys so might have a look into that 1 day
Best deal on them iv seen on them so far mate. Iv only known of the site for. Couple of weeks, which I'd known a lot sooner. I paid £20 for 3 red belly piranhas from maidenheads. Was guna buy 6 but they only had 5 at the time so I took those

Most reactions

Back