Another snail problem

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
The mom and dad snail. Thanks to them I now have about 200 baby snails. What kind are they?
8214682d.jpg

Choprae with some babies
f3c41a70.jpg

Sterbai with some babies
0d3072be.jpg

When I turn on my light in the morning they start dropping from the plants and the filter, it looks like it's raining; it's kinda funny. :rolleyes:

:unsure: They might be malaysian trumpet snails.... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd get rid of most of the babies but keep a few since they stay fairly small and aerate the substrate. :thumbs:

they're malaysian trumpet snails(MTS)
and clown loach wont eat them unfortunatly :no: these ones have very hard shells and are often ignored

DD

I was just wondering wether those snails are particually unusual or just your average bog standard pest snails? its just i have a couple in one of my tanks...

malaysian trumpet snails are actually good for your tank as they get to all the crap in your substrate and keep it turned over! My tank is full of them and i hardly ever clean the gravel now. they won't harm plants or fish so wouldn't even class them as a pest!

I have aload of these in my brackish tank but thats because i over feed!! cut your feeding down and the snails will start top disapear.

I don't have any in my 4ft tank as my doras eat them all, I'ved transferred them into the tank many of times!!

I good way of crushing the babies easily is ith the inside part of a magfloat, don't drag it aorund just with the inside part to crush them, it's easier than trying to squash them!!

Most reactions

Back