Another New Pet. Just Hatched! It's A Turkey!

Kids have to learn sometime where their food comes from. I am appreciative that my dad taught me how to kill and prepare game birds, rabbits, fish and cephalapods they are skills that I may one day need and hopefully remember degutting and filleting a fish is one that I have practiced the most although I think my pets would be too boney, the guppies might make nice white bait though. I do hope that the friend waits until their is a reason to euthanise the pet before killing it.

Oh no, I hope he doesn't release it so it can be hunted :(
Poor baby, don't even want to imagine that happening. You better make sure he won't kill it, or release it.

That last photo of it rubbing up against the hand is adorable.

I can guarantee you that if it was released it would die long before hunting season comes around. A bird that has been raised in captivity will never know what predators are. A coyote will have it gone pretty fast. In fact it is illegal to release it.

One of our relatives also has a farm, but we're going to contact the other guy first to see if he wants it as a yard pet. We also know someone who has a large chicken coop who'd take it.

A few more pictures :)

He's getting tall.

100_7212.jpg

100_7204.jpg

Look at Beau. He wants him :lol:

100_7220.jpg

We're rehoming him this week sometime. He's going to a friend of the family that has a large enclosed chicken coop. They said "He can't eat anything he raises" when I asked if they'll keep him or eat him. They seem excited to get him. We'll drive him out there so the kids can see where he's going :)

He is gorgeous.
I have a one called Charlie who is 3 yrs old now. He follows you everywhere but you do have to be carefull in the breeding season,he tries to mount the dogs :crazy:

Charlie

charlie002.jpg

charlie003.jpg

wow nice turkey you have there.

We have rehomed our turkey. He lets the guy pick him up and cuddle him :wub: I slightly miss his noisy antics.

An updated picture

He's gotten big. She said her husband still goes out to see him and he'll run up to him. He'll pick up the turkey and carry it around and the turkey just loves it :lol: So hilarious!!

turkey9-09.jpg

Most reactions

Back