Another Id, Maybe?

Zhoo

Reaction score
Good morning,

here's a cichlid we adopted about a year ago. I will take a better pic of him once I get my camera working, here's a cellphone one. He's about 6". He only shows distinct stripes when upset, he's mostly uniform brownish black with iridescent blue on his sides. His tail and the top of his fin has some blue on it as well. I know it's probably nearly impossible to tell from a pic like that but maybe I could get a gentle push in the right direction..?

mystery cichlid

Not sure of the species, but I'm pretty sure it's a New World Cichlid, I'll move this to that section for some help.

Are you serious? I'm sorry but I'm 13 years old and I'm a fish nerd so it seems obvious what it is.

Here look up the Jack Dempsey. You may find a few good pics.

Yeah 100% sure it is a Jack Dempsey. I pretty sure it is a male too. Nice fish.

Are you serious? I'm sorry but I'm 13 years old and I'm a fish nerd so it seems obvious what it is.

Here look up the Jack Dempsey. You may find a few good pics.

Not everyone knows what a Jack Dempsey looks like, so lets be nice about it shall we.
good.gif

Thanks everyone for helping out the OP so quick, I knew you all would come through.

Wow guys you are awesome! I tried to figure it our by myself but being a complete noob and all, it just didn't get me anywhere. Now I know what he is B-)

He is such a pet too, eats out of my hand.

Oh by the way, I've read about the European shrimp mix, would that help to enhance his color? I've neglected to feed him a variety for a bit and I think he lost some of his pretty bluish green..

I like to give my fish Spirulina Algae Flake and then some dry krill or blood worms. That way he gets his veggies and meat. It brought out the colors in my ebjd.

Most reactions

Back