Anomalochromis Thomasi... Spawned!

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
WELL! Just decided to go and have a quick look at them and have noticed that the female is guarding eggs!!! Only purchased them on Friday and have done a fair bit of rooting around in the tank adding various bits and bobs, moving plants etc. Will try and snap a picture and upload it. And to top it off, my HRP's have laid again too... :rolleyes:

sorry to hear that , its not unusual at all with newly introduced cardinals . very fussy fish to acclimatise

What would you suggest adding instead of the Cardinals?

Here's a quick picture :)

thomasi.jpg

nice looking fish , not sure what shoaling fish id add tbh . may be a nice effect to do a bit of background research on their natural habitat and the fish found in the waters and go for a biotope type setup

I had a quick scout about and it just says friendly unboisterous fish as tankmates... I seem to pick fish that are lacking a bit in the info department.

Hmmm... Normans lampeyes... sound good? I know of a lfs that has these in stock for about 85p each. I could get 5 and see what happens.

From personal experience of the lampeyes I`d say that they`re even more sensitive than cardinals are so I`d advise against them to be honest.

I`m trying to think of some fish that are pretty peaceful and not 'zippy' boisterous but my brain seems to be on a coffee break at the mo and I can`t think of any :/

Hopefully someone can come up with some good ideas for you thou and good news on the spawning :good: :good:

Thanks elisew. Cherry barbs, red eye tetras, glowlight tetras, or harlequin rasboras?

Out of those options I would say the Harlequins. I found cherry barbs to be zippy and at times a bit fin nippy and I don`t think that would be a good combination with the Thomasi. Tetras i.e the red eye are generally put in a tank where they can hold their own so possibly not a good combination either BUT I could be wrong. We all have different experiences with different fish but my vote would go for the Harlequins :)

Thanks. I have 5 coming soon from schottayB so will try them in with them. Down to 3 now. :(

Most reactions

Back