Annoyances

My only annoyance is having a 2ft deep tank and me being rather short. I get my arms wet well above the elbow! I still wouldn't go back to having a small tank though. I have to reach into the tank a lot at the moment as I am permanently on snail patrol! :)

Didn't know you could get a 10 way though! How much did that cost you Weaver? Might stop hubby from dangerously daisy chaining adaptors! :X
Cost either £15 or £20.One of those surge protected jobbies.Im like your hubby with daisy chaining and had a 6 way with 2 double adaptors for use with the computer and the fry and betta tanks all coming from a single socket.Expensive but worth it--I think :unsure:

Oh, meant to ask how long the cable is. Most of the big adaptors seem to be only on 2m lengths, which is why we have a daisy chain at the mo.

Double socket but the BW tank is on a 3 way in one and the other has an adaptor coming from it, with another adaptor attached for lenth, which has 4 sockets but made into 6 as 2 have double adaptors in them! That's so not safe and I don't understand why he can't just move his desk over nearer the plug so at least he wouldn't have to daisy chain. :crazy:

QUOTE(big mick @ Jan 15 2006, 05:44 PM)
This is 'M.T.S. or Multiple Tank Syndrome......the only cure is a sympathetic spouse and a larger tank!

... or a sympathetic tank and a larger spouse?...

:lol: Its harder to get a big spouce to be sympathetic......my rule is, if your spouce cant sit comfortably in your tank then one of them needs to be upgraded heh heh heh :lol:

Think I'd need to go with me not sitting comfortably in them on that one!
:*)

my only annoyence at the mo is when my fishless cycle goes wonky.

for some reason, two days ago it stopped processing the ammonia properly, dropping from 1pmm to 0.25ppm in those 48 hours (it was doing more than 5ppm in 24 hours the days before).

Seeing as this is as far into the hobby i have gotten, its not getting me anywhere.

Doesn't that actually mean it is working, if you're ammonia level is getting lower...?

My only annoyance is having a 2ft deep tank and me being rather short. I get my arms wet well above the elbow! I still wouldn't go back to having a small tank though. I have to reach into the tank a lot at the moment as I am permanently on snail patrol! :)

Snails! That's something to gets my goat at times.
:crazy:

PS - anyone know how I can stop my posts from doubling up like this? It's okay when I want it to happen - but mostly I don't cos it gets huge! :X
:unsure:

for some reason, two days ago it stopped processing the ammonia properly, dropping from 1pmm to 0.25ppm in those 48 hours (it was doing more than 5ppm in 24 hours the days before).

Seeing as this is as far into the hobby i have gotten, its not getting me anywhere.

Doesn't that actually mean it is working, if you're ammonia level is getting lower...?

it was going 4-5ppm to 0ppm in 24 hours, now its only going to 0.5 or 0.25ppm and that took 48 hours to get there.

it was going 4-5ppm to 0ppm in 24 hours, now its only going to 0.5 or 0.25ppm and that took 48 hours to get there.

Ah. You mean you're putting in 4-5ppm and then testing in 24hrs and it's 0ppm? Most people would have chucked the fish in already!

Not sure what's going on - maybe some of your bacteria have died off? You're supposed to reduce the ammonia amounts and just give them enough to keep them alive, but not sure how this would affect them as I've only cycled one tank fishlessly or something. :unsure:

What is your nitr'i'te reading?... is there one?...

The plugs thing is a big issue of mine for sure. And I find it irritating that I can't have all the fish I want in the same tank, but such is life I suppose!

It's got to be to be the shrinking tanks. I was over the moon the other week when I finally got my other half to consent to the 55 gallon tank. Now we've already outgrown it, and the wretched thing hasn't even been ordered yet... :( More particularly, it's all these (imaginary) spawnings that fill it up so quickly. Heaven knows what it will be like when I actually get to buy the fish. :p

It's got to be to be the shrinking tanks. I was over the moon the other week when I finally got my other half to consent to the 55 gallon tank. Now we've already outgrown it, and the wretched thing hasn't even been ordered yet... :( More particularly, it's all these (imaginary) spawnings that fill it up so quickly. Heaven knows what it will be like when I actually get to buy the fish. :p

Well, you will have livebearers! Can never have enough tanks if you do that.
:p

Oh, meant to ask how long the cable is. Most of the big adaptors seem to be only on 2m lengths, which is why we have a daisy chain at the mo.

The cable with it is only 2m long so it probably wont solve your problem :/

1. Wet arms. As described above deep tank that needs me to stand on a chair and get up to my armpits in it.

2. Overflow. When doing the above without 1st removing water,

3. Plugs. As above

4. Dying cardinals. Bout 8 to finish my tetra tank, and only have 1 left. GUtted, But I'm new at it, so gotta expect some disasters. I might go for something harier next time..

What is your nitr'i'te reading?... is there one?...

Nitrite went up and now that drops down to 0.25 at the lowest in 24 hours - has never when back to 0ppm.
Nitrate on the other hand, has only reached 10ppm.

It seems to be very odd.

Great thread this- nothing like a good old moan lol.

For me the most annoying thing has got to be the bloomin' fish pulling plants out of the gravel almost immediately after I've put them back. ARGH. I can never get it to look right.

For those of you who are looking for a big power strip, I recommend the one I use. I have 4 of them going in my fish room and have used 2 of them for well over a year with no problem.

It's the Belkin 10 Outlet Power Strip and it has a 15' cord on it. They are available at Home Depot stores for about $25.

personally i just go "ddddddaaaaaaaaddddddddd" cos he was a sparky by trade for 26 years. short of sockets? get your father to install more (though he now says "bugger off, do it yourself you lazy sod")

Most reactions

Back