Angelfish

Angelfish with large ass cardinal tetras? yey or ney?

Depends if they are large ass Angels, Lol

If you buy all of the Angels as Juvis and add them after the cardinals then the chances of success are usually high

Iv kept them both before, Iv read lots of media about how this cannot be done, but honestly, i cant say iv ever seen a cardinal lost to an angelfish...
So i think it should be alright.
I just had to DOUBLE DOUBLE check as iv just spent £110 on cardinal tetras and they look absolutelt amazing in my 5ft heavily planted.

well hello boyo, iam also now jagless :/
if the cardinals are large and the angels and babies it should work, a long while ago, you remember my breeding pair of angels,i tried large cardinals with them but they thought it was a colourful treat :X so beware :p

Would love to see pics of that planted tank with all those cardinals

That you would.
Most are still in the shop. all paid for. There are currently 25 cardinals in there.
i think i have another 30 or so to pick up.
Was thinking about 5 - 6 Wild angels and some dwarf species of corydoras.

It is a accurate Orinoco biotope, all the way down to the plants. Coming along nicely.
Ill try and get some pics up later this evening.
Dan

You got rid of Brutis boy Nelly?
thats a shame.
how much you sell him for?
Its a shame i had to get rid of mine, But theyv gone to a bigger tank and i see them almost every week so its not that bad.

brutis went to a 300usg in southampton .... changed him for three ornate snakeheads<pics in picture lounge :good:
also he gave me his 8inch spotted dollar as he didnt want it, it shoals quite happily with the three tinfoils and two silversharks :good:

your tank sounds intresting and nice, get those pics up quick smart

With domestic angels the cardinals may stand a chance if the angels are bought small. If you plan on trying wild caught angels you may as well provide some candles & music for the dining experience.

Trying to mix wilds with domestics takes some creativity & a watchful eye, wilds tend to be much more aggressive. They also take longer to pair from my experiences. I lost two Rio Xingu scalare out of a group of six over the summer, just from figuring out pecking order, they are nowhere near mature yet.

Oh well, i think ill give the angel a miss, not worth the risk.
Im going to get some nice Otocinclus soon not sure how many yet though.
Anyways.
this is my tank.
Its 500litres ish.
The bog wood on the left is a huge 11kg lump. It cost me £80...
its covered in christmas moss..
the tank has only been set up and running as a planted for the last 3 weeks - month so plants have a little growing to do.
There is two species of sword in the foreground, one of which will form a carpet. (hopefully)
Anyways, enough talking...

P071208_1105.jpg

its not much now, but hopefully when it grows out, and i add a few more plants, it should be joygasmic to any keen aquarist..
Well at least thats the aim... :good:

Can't wait to hopefully see the progress of this tank in a few months. Since the angels are out do you plan on just keeping the cardinals and otos?

Cardinals, ottos, maybe a few corydoras. I got more plants today!
I hear alot of people discuss their dislike for cabomba, but in my opinion, its one of the nicest looking plants around.
I got anoother 150 stems today.
Photos in 10 minutes! the staffy needs a good ol walking.

as promised.
Pics arnt that clear. Im still trying to figure out how to use this camera.
cost me £500 should bloody work!
anyways.
i think theres about 50 cardinals in there so far. Lots of plants.
IMG_1413.jpg

iv got all the pics in a journal that i will upload now...

Most reactions

Back