Angel Eggs

Heather.

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hiya all. I need some help as to what to do next. :rolleyes: The other day I noticed that my angel fish had laid eggs, which I didnt really think much of, as she has laid them alot and nothing ever happens..But this morning when I looked in the tank the eggs have formed a bit and are moving :unsure: I dont know what to do with them...Do I take the angels out with the fry to a new tank or just leave them..??? Please help :good:

hiya all. I need some help as to what to do next. :rolleyes: The other day I noticed that my angel fish had laid eggs, which I didnt really think much of, as she has laid them alot and nothing ever happens..But this morning when I looked in the tank the eggs have formed a bit and are moving :unsure: I dont know what to do with them...Do I take the angels out with the fry to a new tank or just leave them..??? Please help :good:

Im winging this but, What else is in the tank? I think the angel will guard them, unless there infertile then she will eat them, I would remove themail and any other fish that you have and leave the female.....

I would deffinatly do this ASAP, but would want definate confirmation from somone else about the female

Hi thanks for replying..The 2 angel fish are guarding them well..I have 2 gouramis..2 silver sharks..algae eater..2 neons.. The tank is overcrowded and im hoping to go for a bigger one soon :good: I just want to do the best for the new babies..When the young start to swin would it be ok to remove them..?

if you wanna keep the young you'd best get buying some new tanks... and fast... tolak's explained it all before but you need somewhere in the region of 300 gallons of tanks to give enough grow out room for all those babies :/

unless you've got a lot of space it's probably best to let nature take it's course.

if you wanna keep the young you'd best get buying some new tanks... and fast... tolak's explained it all before but you need somewhere in the region of 300 gallons of tanks to give enough grow out room for all those babies :/

unless you've got a lot of space it's probably best to let nature take it's course.

Could she gibe them out to people? or take them to her LFS, every one always wants angels, How big is that tank, you have some big fish there

yeah i mean that much room just to get them to a size that you can pass them on or sell them to the lfs

yeah i mean that much room just to get them to a size that you can pass them on or sell them to the lfs

The tank is 120litres .. I only wish I knew more about my fish..I am going to go to my local fish store today and find out what to do..I have read storys from people who have had 200 eggs and at the end there was only 4 or so made it..I am no expert but im willing to do what I have to do for the babies :unsure: Thans for the advice anyway

The tank is 120litres .. I only wish I knew more about my fish..I am going to go to my local fish store today and find out what to do..I have read storys from people who have had 200 eggs and at the end there was only 4 or so made it..I am no expert but im willing to do what I have to do for the babies :unsure: Thans for the advice anyway

no problem, send Tolak a pm, he breeds angels an can tell you everything you need to know :good:

no problem, send Tolak a pm, he breeds angels an can tell you everything you need to know :good:

Hiya folks.. :hyper: This is a old post Id like to bring it up again to show of my little babies.. :wub:
They are babies from my angelfish pair..They are 3 weeks and 3 days old..They are getting big and fat now and are starting to take crushed flake food..Alot of them have black spots on them and their fins are becoming more noticable now.
I am pleased to say that I have homes for all of them..Apart from 1 or 2 that I may keep.. :nod:
I never thought that Id raise baby fish.. :no:
I must be doing something right..
Thanks for looking :good:

STA41073.jpg

They are beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I'd lock your doors if I were you, I might just come in the dark of night, paint your face orange, give you a green beard, then take the babies and replace them with baby mollies. Muahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. I am so Evil! Be afraid, be very afraid! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

They are beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I'd lock your doors if I were you, I might just come in the dark of night, paint your face orange, give you a green beard, then take the babies and replace them with baby mollies. Muahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. I am so Evil! Be afraid, be very afraid! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Haha :thanks: very much.. Dont know about the orange face and green beard though lol :sick:
I will be locking my doors and my babies up so you wont get them :kana: :p x

Most reactions

Back