Angel Compatibility

Jeewhizz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 36 x 12 x 15 tank that has:

2 x red parrots about 4-5 inches
1 x clown loach
1 x pictus catfish

I will also be adding an algae eater once I can find a suitable one - if anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate it!

I have a friend who has a tank with a single angel fish in it, and he doesn't want it anymore. Will it be ok in my tank?

I have no plant cover, as the parrots have eaten everything i've tried...

Thanks,

Jee

Your tank is not tall enough for Angels. It's also not large enough for Clown Loaches, and Pictus should be kept in groups for which you don't have room. I'm not that familair with Parrots but would guess they aren't suitable either. Sorry to bring bad news, but you really need to research the fish you choose to keep.

Yup, parrots could even eat small angels, and no I don't think a 25 gallon is too small for angels if all you have is like 3 small ones by themselves. Angels do better by themselves as many fish even non- aggressive fish will nip their fins and stress them andmake them miserable. I had to remove rosy barbs becuase they would poke and nip my angels. -_-

Hey,

My brother used to keep angels and parrots together. He also had cat fish with them although any other small fish used to disappear!!

Good luck

Most reactions

Back