An attempt

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

A

AquaNut

Alright, I'm probably the world's worst digital photographer, but I'll try... this is a female silver angel. I re-decorated/re-planted the foreground of this tank yesterday... was time for a change. There used to be pieces of slate like rocky outcroppings where those stones and rocks are now.

Attachments

• Dscf0172.jpg
    Dscf0172.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 68
Some tiger barbs ... they don't hold still.. sorry it's blurry

Attachments

• Dscf0210.jpg
    Dscf0210.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 65
The tank...

Attachments

• Dscf0245.jpg
    Dscf0245.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 62
This picture doesn't do him any justice...

Attachments

• Dscf0218.jpg
    Dscf0218.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for the compliments :thumbs: I don't know if it's a small tank or not. It seems small to me. :p It's 33 gallons.

I just read the rules :fun: and it says anything over 15 US gallons is a large tank, so I guess this one's large.

Well.. it's as heavily planted as it appears to be.. the angels take no crap from anyone. The tigers nipped at the large male veil tail for a few days when I first got them, but after about five days, he chased a couple of them down into a corner and I honestly thought he was mad enough that he might just eat one of 'em, but he let them off with a warning. lol I've not once seen them chase either of the angels since then. Not even a little bit. I think I added the barbs to that tank two years ago. However, my two beloved angels in that tank deserve better (more space), and I think I may set up a 40 just for them next week. Then that 33 can belong to the tigers and the loaches.

I love that beautiful sword on the left! Are those giant vals in the background? I have some of those in a 29gal that I planted 1 month ago in one of my gravel only tanks. They are just now starting to show some signs of growth. Are they normally slow to get started?

--Tim

allnatural said:
I love that beautiful sword on the left! Are those giant vals in the background? I have some of those in a 29gal that I planted 1 month ago in one of my gravel only tanks. They are just now starting to show some signs of growth. Are they normally slow to get started?

--Tim
Thanks! I love that sword, too. It was my first live plant and has produced countless babies on runners. That and the vals in the background are the only plants that were there before this re-decoration.... that's why they look so much better than the rest! Hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to show pictures of this tank with other plants looking equally healthy. The vals were sold as "Jungle Vallisneria", so I'm not sure what that means... I always assumed they were the basic variety. They've always grown like weeds for me, and if I don't prune them back weekly, they soon trail all across the surface of the tank, causing a near black-out below. Wherever I put my silver dollars, they usually select one val plant as their own, and keep it munched down to about two inches high at all times! :p

Most reactions

Back