Am I Overstocked?

Teri

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, my tank is 100 x 40 x 30cm, I'm not quite sure how to work out to workout the volume in either litres or gallons, (if anyone could tell me. I'd appreciate it!), and it's home to the following :-
3 white clouds
5 adult guppies
3 yo yo loaches (i'm about 90% sure thats what they are)
2 bronze and 1 albino cats.
Am I overstocked? Because I don't know the volume, its hard to tell. I'm not looking to buy any more,but the guppies are breeding like rabbits, (i think there's about 8 babies in there, and another one appears to be pregnant)

:- what's this?!!

It sounds the same as one of my tanks which is about 48 US Gallons.
I'm not sure how big yo-yo loaches get so I can't help there but the rest of it sounds fine.

Thanks. I don't have to worry about getting a second tank for the extra guppies yet then!

Hi, my tank is 100 x 40 x 30cm, I'm not quite sure how to work out to workout the volume in either litres or gallons, (if anyone could tell me. I'd appreciate it!), and it's home to the following :-

(100cm x 40cm x 30cm) / 1000 = 120 Liters. Your tank is approx. 32 US gallons.

Do you mean bronze/albino cories?
Yes, i do actually, I bought them as cats, but just checked in the book and they're "corydoras / catfish". It doesn't mention anything about size thoug, or how many to keep together, so have i got too many? they seem to be getting along ok.

Yes, i do actually, I bought them as cats, but just checked in the book and they're "corydoras / catfish". It doesn't mention anything about size thoug, or how many to keep together, so have i got too many? they seem to be getting along ok.

Yep, corries get along really well with themselves and other fish - they like to be kept in groups so if space permits another couple of each type would be good for them (not that my two peppered and two bronze are fussy about mixing - they spend all their time as a group of 4).

Yep, corries get along really well with themselves and other fish - they like to be kept in groups so if space permits another couple of each type would be good for them (not that my two peppered and two bronze are fussy about mixing - they spend all their time as a group of 4).

They seem happy enough in a group, altough the albino is getting a bit of unwanted attention from one of the male guppies! I'd love to get a couple more, but I've got loaches too, and i'm not sure the bottom of the tank is big enough, and the guppies seem intent on populating the entire tank - both the females are pregnant again!!

Most reactions

Back