Almond leaves

I get all of my IALS from Amazon, there's some very nice deals there if you browse a bit...

I can't use natural found leaves in my area, too much pollution in these refinery towns

I have been using almond leaves, alder cones and rooibos for for the last 10+ years. I keep a tank with altum angels. But I hate paying retail for anything and always buy in bulk. I have a lifetime supply of the three items mentioned. I even sold some of it at fish events when I attended as a vendor and I now offer it to member of my fish club at close to cost.

O brew the rooibos and add it to my changing water which I prebatch as I need low TDS and a pH under 6.0 to get the tank back down to about 6. It tend to drift upward between water changes,

I use rooibos in my 18 litre nano. One tea bag lasts for at least 2 water changes. The first one I just let the bag float in the tank for a while. Second time round I microwave it in a small mug of tank water and pour it in once cooled. Think I overdid it last time though, will post pic later.
This is a pic of my nano with the rooibos added. I also have some mini Catt appa leaves and alder cones. It’s not usually this dark but I think it looks nice. Too dark for the plants though, so I will leave the rooibos out at the next water change. I know the lone neon shouldn’t be in a tank that size and/or on his own, but he’s a rescue. He belonged to a friend of mine who was getting rid of his aquarium and he had an injured face, so I said I’d see if I could rehabilitate him and give him a home for life. Soon to be transferred to a bigger tank and I’ll get him some friends. He will have a permanently disfigured face though.

Attachments

• 418C6173-FD99-488A-8FCC-3588C413F01E.jpeg
    418C6173-FD99-488A-8FCC-3588C413F01E.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 47

Most reactions

Back