Albino Sharks?

I was just woundering? I want to get 1-2 albino sharks but im worried it might kill my fish! I was just woundering what fish can you put with them?

if it is for the 10G in your profile then no i won't work,

you need a bare minimum of 50 USG for 1 shark (rainbow, RTB or albino)

add this fact to the comments of Davo86. unless you have a massive tank, there is little or no chance you can keep two of these together.

I was just woundering? I want to get 1-2 albino sharks but im worried it might kill my fish! I was just woundering what fish can you put with them?

if it is for the 10G in your profile then no i won't work,

you need a bare minimum of 50 USG for 1 shark (rainbow, RTB or albino)

Actually Red Tailed Sharks only need a 3ft long 30gal, minimum they really don't grow that large in comparison to other sharks (tend to max out at 5-6inches) :thumbs: .

add this fact to the comments of Davo86. unless you have a massive tank, there is little or no chance you can keep two of these together.

I agree :good: .

Actually Red Tailed Sharks only need a 3ft long 30gal, minimum they really don't grow that large in comparison to other sharks (tend to max out at 5-6inches) :thumbs: .

I know size isn't an issue but the temperament of some sharks can cause big problems in a smaller tank.
Especially if there are similar shaped fish such as SAE's present.

I know size isn't an issue but the temperament of some sharks can cause big problems in a smaller tank.
i have a 23 gallon tank! Is that big enough for a shark?

and referring to the warnings about 2 sharks together,, there guidelines and warnings of possible aggression, but honest to god, people on this site are using what they know, so i will tell you what i kno from personal and current experience, i have a shark tank (55 gallon) with TONS of sharks of all kinds, and i am telling you that it MIGHT be a problem, it IS a RISK, but it CAN be done in a large tank. My friend has 5 sharks in a 29 gallon and its worked for all but one, who I have taken and it is now fine in my 55. honestly, choice is upto u, be careful. as for tankmates, angel, severum, pleco, gourami, etc.. TRY timstropicals.com, it includes possible tankmates but not all sometimes.

gdluck

Murph

i have a 23 gallon tank! Is that big enough for a shark?

Nope, too small i'm afraid.

and referring to the warnings about 2 sharks together,, there guidelines and warnings of possible aggression, but honest to god, people on this site are using what they know, so i will tell you what i kno from personal and current experience, i have a shark tank (55 gallon) with TONS of sharks of all kinds, and i am telling you that it MIGHT be a problem, it IS a RISK, but it CAN be done in a large tank. My friend has 5 sharks in a 29 gallon and its worked for all but one, who I have taken and it is now fine in my 55. honestly, choice is upto u, be careful. as for tankmates, angel, severum, pleco, gourami, etc.. TRY timstropicals.com, it includes possible tankmates but not all sometimes.

gdluck

Murph

Keeping 2 Sharks together and keeping a tank overstocked with them is completely different. 23 gallons is too small for an Albino Red Tail or Red Finned. Especially if you plan on keeping other fish as I have mine in a 62gal and his territory is around a 20gal section of this tank that next to nothing else is allowed in to. So it will probably just kill anything you keep with it in a tank that small as there would be nowhere else for them to be chased to, plus the chasing would be constant.

lol i was more or less, and if not i am now, pointing out that saying sharks cant go together is welll... wrong at times. I nvr said u should keep a ton of sharks in a 23 gallon.. but i did say, and still say, that my friend has and its an amazing looking tank. theres not an overly large amount of fighting, but there is some. Now dont do this wiht a bunch of other fish the sharks will target, but im saying more then one shark in that tank is POSSIBLE..

idk im telling you my experience, personal first hand (cuz i pretty much run my friends tank and i have my own), take it or leave it, but theres no point in me arguing it. if i say it, i mean it. if somebody sais different, do what you think is right. they have their experience, i have mine, we are both trying to help u get urs:p u gotta do what u want and one thing i learned is that the people on here, INCLUDING ME, arent always right. fish arent always gunna be the same everytime, so u gotta figure it out and work around what u get. GET fish slowly, not a bunch at once. that way you CAN work around things. I learned that the hard way and then the easy way. easy way has gottin me a lot further.

gdluck, and have fun with it eh,

Murph

idk im telling you my experience, personal first hand (cuz i pretty much run my friends tank and i have my own), take it or leave it, but theres no point in me arguing it. if i say it, i mean it. if somebody sais different, do what you think is right. they have their experience, i have mine, we are both trying to help u get urs:p u gotta do what u want and one thing i learned is that the people on here, INCLUDING ME, arent always right. fish arent always gunna be the same everytime, so u gotta figure it out and work around what u get. GET fish slowly, not a bunch at once. that way you CAN work around things. I learned that the hard way and then the easy way. easy way has gottin me a lot further.

gdluck, and have fun with it eh,

Murph

lol i had a RTBS and a Rainbow in my tank happily for twelve months. i changed the layout, only a bit, and within hours the RTBS had killed the Rainbow. so you get away with it for a while but, eventually, the nature of the fish will assert itself. having some fish of this type that live in your tank setup, is a long way of proving that they can, normally, be put together. that's ignoring the possibility that someone will take your words as law, and suffer the consequences. these fish do not live happily together, though there are occasions when they seem to. god knows I'm not one to follow convention, most noticeably in fish-keeping, but there are things that you just cant ignore, though as i have said, there are sometimes exceptions.

well your point is valid, and yea its all true, but i do have a reason for the death of ur rainbow.. these sharks are extremely territorial, and i shouldve mentioned b4 that they need tons of hiding places. They will pick a territory and want nothing to do with other fish being in it. The change, slight or not, may have either made one decide his territory was changed and he wants a new one (idk...) or it may have changed or eliminated territory. Yet again it may have just created easier access to eachothers territory. Im not sure, ive neverr had a death, but like i said its a risk.

I guess with all of the worries, its your own risk, and youve got 2 sides of the oppinion now, maybe you should be more careful then i was and i was lucky, idk. Just remember, you are better off to add the shark (s) early as possible b4 other fish. This way they have their territory down and dont have to kill for it. Also if getting multiple sharks, add them all at once. I didnt recommend my friend to get more then one in his 29, so i dont recommend u to either, but it can work if u really want it.

Do pay strong attention to other peoples imput as well as mine, I am not the god of sharks, and they may know more then me.

Murph

well your point is valid, and yea its all true, but i do have a reason for the death of ur rainbow.. these sharks are extremely territorial, and i shouldve mentioned b4 that they need tons of hiding places. They will pick a territory and want nothing to do with other fish being in it. The change, slight or not, may have either made one decide his territory was changed and he wants a new one (idk...) or it may have changed or eliminated territory. Yet again it may have just created easier access to eachothers territory. Im not sure, ive neverr had a death, but like i said its a risk.

I guess with all of the worries, its your own risk, and youve got 2 sides of the oppinion now, maybe you should be more careful then i was and i was lucky, idk. Just remember, you are better off to add the shark (s) early as possible b4 other fish. This way they have their territory down and dont have to kill for it. Also if getting multiple sharks, add them all at once. I didnt recommend my friend to get more then one in his 29, so i dont recommend u to either, but it can work if u really want it.

Do pay strong attention to other peoples imput as well as mine, I am not the god of sharks, and they may know more then me.

Murph

i do know exactly why my Rainbow died. it should not have been kept in such a small, 50ukg, tank with another, related, shark type. i got away with it for a while, but thats all, "i got away with it". eventually the nature of the fish came through. simpl as that!

Most reactions

Back