Airpumps And Airlines Need Help Setting Up?

craigybaby37

Fishaholic
Reaction score
brought my self an airpump today an interpet airvolution one said to extremely quiet so god no's how load a normall 1 is as its still a bit noisy. having trouble feeding the air lines in the tank as dont wann see nasty pipes everywhere so has anyone got any tips on setting them up?? i have tried to put the pipe under the gravel but it keeps pulling its self out when the pipe moves. only want to run an airstone so nothing to majour.

any helps people???

The suction cups they often give you are not very effective for long term purposes, just sticking to the glass. I have a 24" long weighted bubble wand along the back of my tank and I also use some of the lead-type live plant weight strips and wrap them around the airline hose in several spots to keep it weighted down. Then if you can get a suction cup on the bottom glass in the corner (you have to move the gravel and clean the glass under that spot) and then stick the airline tube into the clamp on that suction cup and bury it with gravel again, you have a chance of it lasting a while depending on your fish. If they are diggers, you might find the whole thing uprooted the next day.

You should find the unit settles down after a while. Mine was noisy when I 1st set it up. Now I hardly hear it! The bubbles tell me it's working ok! :D

ok thanks for the tips will give it a go. if it meens taking out all of my decorations from the tank then ill do so just to keep it looking pretty. also just another quicky i forgot to say ide like to run 2 airstones in 2 tanks. i got a T splitter and have link the airlines with the stones and put them in the tanks and only 1 works which is the smaller tank that is sitting underneigh my community tank.....but if i lift out the stone in the community tank when its near the top of the water it will then start to work but only a little??? any ideas??

sounds like the pump doesnt have enoogh output to power more than a single outlet - is the Airvolution1 the smallest in the range?

I've always liked Rena pumps, particulary the 300 and 400. As far as I've experienced they are the quietest in terms of noise.

To reduce the noise try muffling the pump if its out of site... and sit it on something ie polystyrene that wont allow too much vibration to conduct through to anything solid - ie the unit the tank is sat on.

yea its the smallest in the range it does only have 1 output an i do think it can only power 1 airstone realy as when only 1 is plugged in the pump is quieter. gotta get a non return valve for it tomorow so can place it on the floor and i will then try to muffle it in something not to sure what though. ime gunna tie some small pieces of slate to the airline and see how this helps to hide th pipes

Why do you have an air pump? Oxygenation of the water column occurs from either surface agitation or live plants photosynthesis process producing O2.
Vic

dunno realy kinda kl havin 1 in there i spose an cant do any harm havin some more air in the water.

Most reactions

Back