Advice

gemzie78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I reallllly want to buy a big ish fish but obvioulsy not tooo big. My tank is 120 litres. I like serveums, oscars, green terrors. What fish would you suggest. Is my tank big enough.

With 120L you are limited in terms of big cichlids. I think the largest new world cichlid you could put in a 120L tank would be a Firemouth.

I reallllly want to buy a big ish fish but obvioulsy not tooo big. My tank is 120 litres. I like serveums, oscars, green terrors. What fish would you suggest. Is my tank big enough.
Go with the green terrors. they are more peaceful than oscars. This fish is very intelligent, it can even recognize it’s owner. Oscars have they own ideas. If they don´t like how the items are in the aquarium, they pick them up and replace them, or they spit it out from the tank. It doesn’t matter if the plant or rock is real or plastic. If you have a high aquarium, standing near it can be dangerous. The best choice is to have a sand bottom and few big rocks in the tank.

fire mouths dont get very big though do they? aww the oscars sound sooo cute. My boyfriend has a green terror that i bought him, its ace!

Firemouth males can get up to 6.5". Anything bigger then that can't really go in a 120L tank. Even if you go with a Firemouth, thats pretty much all you can have in there. Its hard to tell when they are small, but you have to look at when they get their full size.

i have a parot at the momment is that ok? I would wait until my parrot died before i get a new fish any way. how do u sex parrots do u no? he/she is really clever.

Parrots are a hybrid, and they tend to be infertile. So breeding them is very rare, but they are hard to sex as well. You pretty much have to look at their reproductive parts when they are trying to breed. One parrot would be ok in a 120L, they get a good size too though, whats worng with him Lol. Be sure to keep on top of the water changes.

nothing wrong with him at all hes ace its just i saw the oscars the other day and was soooo tempted . hes not that ols at tyhe mo and they grow quite slow dont they he seems happy anywoos.

Oscars are lots of fun and have huge personalities. But they get huge as well and would need a 60 gallon minimum, with lots of watr changes.

5 Star generals are boss. Get a pair and you wont be disappointed. That tank is kinda small for green terrors. Firemouths are fine, but I still think 5 stars are badass.

All Cichlids are from the same family as the Jewel Cichlid - Cichlidae :lol: Sorry, I'm such a geek :rolleyes:

Five Star General, aka Hemichromis elongatus. They're a very aggressive cichlid. Info here.

Most reactions

Back