Advice On What Fish To Buy

TC7

Reaction score
I am looking for a fresh to have in with my neons which preferably doesnt breed, can anyone recommend any please???

How big is your tank, what other fish are in it and is your water hard or soft? Also, from how far away do you mostly view the tank?

60ltr tank, 7 neon tetras, 3 mollies, 2 harlequins & 1 pleco.

Ive had a nightmare with my tank the past few weeks - tested water a few times & all stats where fine but lost alot of fish due to internal parasites. Just done a 90% water change.

Tanks roughly 3mtrs away.

60ltr tank, 7 neon tetras, 3 mollies, 2 harlequins & 1 pleco.

Ive had a nightmare with my tank the past few weeks - tested water a few times & all stats where fine but lost alot of fish due to internal parasites. Just done a 90% water change.

Tanks roughly 3mtrs away.

What kind of pleco? A common plec?
May we have a picture?

I dont know how to upload pics on here, can you please advise how to do so and I'll try?

The name has gone completely out of my head :/

Does it look like this?
pleco.jpg

Mmmmm, yeah abit (obviously not same markings etc lol).
He's about 5/6cms long

Well, unforunatley, common plecs get up to a foot long and are no were capable of survivng in a 60l.
There's nothing you can do except return him to a store or sell him.

Other than that, I would also return the 2 harlequin tetras as they need groups of +6 to be happy, and that isn't achievable in this small tank. Instead, I would do

8x Neon Tetras
3x Mollies
1x Dwarf Gourami
maybe some amano shrimp for algae control?

I did have 6 harlequins but only 2 now.
Is there any pleco's that dnt get as big? Ive had him for months and he hasnt grew at all, lady in store said he wouldnt get much bigger than he is now.

I did have 6 harlequins but only 2 now.
Is there any pleco's that dnt get as big? Ive had him for months and he hasnt grew at all, lady in store said he wouldnt get much bigger than he is now.

That's a common misconception. It's true fish don't grow as big as they could in small tanks, but then their internal organs become misshapen and damaged and they die painfully.

The smallest plecos are otocinclus catfish.
They like groups, so I would get maybe 3 or 4 :good:

It would still be best to the return the harlequins. It will only cause problems.
A dwarf gourami or a honey gourami would be a nice centerpiece fish

Create an account on a website like photobucket or imageshack, upload the pictures there, then post the links to them here.
The pleco could be a bristlenose which doesn't grow that big. Post a picture here and someone will be able to confirm.

You can't get 3-4 otocinclus in a tank that size, there will never be enough algae for them to thrive there. The tank also needs to be well planted for otocinclus to live long happy lives.

go to this website http://www.freeimagehosting.net/upload.php
upload the picture by saving it to your computer, then click browse and upload your photo
it will show urls, etc.
copy and paste the forum and message board link to this forum and it will show up as your picture

You can't get 3-4 otocinclus in a tank that size, there will never be enough algae for them to thrive there. The tank also needs to be well planted for otocinclus to live long happy lives.

Couldn't they supplement with fresh veggies and algae tabs?

Most reactions

Back