Advice On Skimmers

barker_23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, after visitng my not so LFS yesterday, the sales guy was trying to sell me a TMC V2 400 Protien Skimmer.

I have a Rio 180, 180 Litres, aprox 50 gallons. Im not having a sump so it will be hanging on the side.

I have done a bit of research into this skimmer and i understand that its a good make but it has a large pump that has to sit in the tank??

Since doing my research i came upon the Deltec MCE 300, that is quiter and less room needed in the tank. However i found out you cannot put any sort of media in it, which you can with the Deltec MCE 600???

I dont mind paying the money if i know i am getting quality.

If anyone has any of these or could reccomend any alternatives i would be very gratefull

Thanks

I have a v2 600 in a jewel rio 240 and have hidden the pump in the jewel filter box. You can squeeze a small amount of media in the bubble stop box thing if you wanted to but I've just left it with floss in and used an external filter for rowaphos, carbon and extra floss.

I have no experience with other skimmers and only 2 weeks with the TMC one so I can't advise on what's better but I'm quite pleased with it and for half the price of the deltec mce600, my wallet's happier!

ive got a brand new v2 400 skimmer i dont need, yours for £50 if you like mate, its only 2 days old
:good:

Can i just ask why you arent using it?

I am interested, but i just need to do a bit more research on them.

Can i also ask which skimmer you are using now?

Thanks

Im using a via aqua skimmer,little noisy but does the job well,

IMO the TMC V2s seem very good,the only drawback being the rather large pump...

The shop i work at has a V2 on their rock curing trough and it seems to be doing an excellent job and it really quiet too!

Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Back