Ada All For Sale ! Tank, Lily Pipe, Co2 Diffuser

craynerd

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

I use to come on here daily. When i started working (after being a student) in September full time my post rate dropped from 5+ per day to near 0 !
Likewise, i have no time to successfully maintain my tank. I am a purist which is why my tank is ADA..etc and therefore i can not cope with the maintance to keep it how it is. I decided to sell the lot....

Which means i have:

German Hi-clarity Rimmless braceless 60x30x36cm tank (same ones ADA use)
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=820
£189 new

ADA lily Pipe ....
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=598
£87 new

ADA pollen glass diffuser...
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=701
£60 new

Eheim Filter: Eheim 2211 classic
£50 new

Co2 = 8 kg CO2 bottle with Mig Welding Regulator and needle valve i.e. DIY pressurized CO2
Worth about £70

12L ADA Amazonian soil
Used but only 2 month old
£30

External Aquor Heater 200w
£40

Light = 3 x 24watt T5 luminaire light with daylight 6500K tubes
£80

I also made a DIY stand which cost about £50

cabinet.jpg

lightstand.jpg

Now i can`t name a price on it all. It worked out new about £600 that isn`t including plants and fish...which you can have if you want!! OBVIOUSLY it isn`t new...BUT it is all in perfect co0ndition!

If anyone makes me a reasonable sensible offer (worst i can say is no) then its yours. Otherwise its gonna go in bits on ebay.

I`m leaving it a few days since i would obviously prefer to sell it as a package.

If anyone is interested then email me and remove the no spam: [email protected]

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...146401&st=0

Enjoy

Chris

Btw, it would need collecting and i am in Manchester.

What a bummer that you have to sell man :/

Cant you find any time to do even a low maintainance tank moss's ferns ect???

PM sent!!!!

Chris,

I wondered where you got to!

I must say I'm disappointed not to see this develop into its final scape. You must be gutted.

Like Moody says, can't you even go lower maint? Shame to invest in a all that gear to lose it all.

Are you giving up the hobby totally?

Hi George

I`m sure you realise that my true inspiration is the CAU style high maintainance high impact stuff.

Everything that i did was leading to that style of tank and all was going well. Then i started work on September and from then on it all went to pot, i didnt have the time to look at it for 2 weeks!!

I don`t want a half hearted effort.....

Chris

I dont know if you'll be back on here to get this, but sorry to see you go mate :( you certainly threw yourself into the hobby and it and the forum are at a loss without you. But I had notcied you'd not been on here much and put it down to the school work, sodding government paperwork hey (I have a parent as a teacher)?

Hope you get time to come back on here every now and then and say hi.

Sam

Sorry to hear this Chris, yep, definatly a good poster with good inspirational ideas, good luck with the career Chris, but you never know you may get the time and the plant bug again, good luck whatever you do mate, drop in now and again

Peter AKA zig

Hmm... I am very sorry to see you to quit take a temporary break from the hobby. When I first joined the forum, I always looked up to you and your knowledgeable posts. Thanks! Good luck with settling into your job!

Thanks guys....i`m kinda sad to see it go as well. But you know as well as i do, you have to put in the effort to get good results!

In my eternal wisdom lol, i think the biggest two things i have learnt are 1) do not dismiss water changes as a way of combating algae and 2) use plenty of CO2...turn it down when the fish gasp lol :(

I`ll pop in now and then.....
take care guys!

Chris

You'd better pop in some times! :lol: I'll be starting my tank in a month or two and I want the person that inspired me to see it!

That was a beautiful tank, I will miss seeing it develop. Hope to see you around again.

I'm sorry Chris, I know how you feel. The high demand tanks are taxing. At least, I'm ok with the low-maintenance setups. They're not as great, but having the fish helps quite a bit. I can learn to settle for less, at least for now. Good luck with your schoolwork. You'll be back so I won't say Bye.

llj :)

Shame you gave up :/ I don't have space or time either, but though I sold my tank, I kept all my gear. It's expensive stuff and I know I'll come back to a planted tank as soon as I can. But it sounds like you don't plan to try again in the future ? I hope you do though - I think you'd have been able to produce a really cracking setup :good:

That was a beautiful tank, and you were such an inspirational character on the forum. Please do pop in every now and then, you have the skills to do great work with tanks, something i'd love to have, but unfortunately, I haven't found that part of me yet. It was great having you around, and will still be great when you pop in now and then.

Neal

Most reactions

Back