Accidently Added 11 Fish To My Aquarium At Once. Now Im Worried About

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Probably Neons. I am going to Petsmart tomorrow to get an ammonia test and live plants. Then I will get some Neon Tetras if everything looks okay.

You have to fully cycle your tank first, just because you tests look fine right now doesn't show that the filter is cycled, and I Would recommend somehting other than neons as they a generally not a good choice for newly setup tanks, the link to the beginners resource cent is in my sig (under my post) and their should be info about cycling in there

Sorry, I made it sound like im getting the Neons tomorrow. Im getting the Neons after my tank cycles. I am going to wait a good month or so. But i will get some plants tomorrow.

Oh okay, are you going to keep any fish in there, Becasue if you do only keep the Betta in there then there won't be enough bacteria to handle any other fish, so you would need to add the fish gradually over a certain Amount of time, like 5 in the first week, then monitor ammonia, and then so on :good:

Oh Ok. So my mollies and betta should be kept in? The Danios are going tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back