A Wood Wall?

Looks nice! :)  Will look great with a few java fern or anubias attached.  Consider getting some mini varieties of java fern if you think the standard stuff would grow too big.

I would keep the wood along the back, personally.

Also just a tip - stick to buying the bigger pieces of wood when they come in stock.  These homeware shops sell wood at a fixed price but in your LFS they will sell it by weight, so the smaller pieces might be cheaper at the LFS.

I was thinking of adding plants. Wasn't sure which ones though. I tried getting some bits the same from my lfs. But the closest they got was 7 pound for same sizeand shape. Well as close as roughly possible. This is going to be a long term thing as even though it's cheap. I can't keep buying lol.

More wood! More wood! More wood! :-
I reckon it's gonna look great when it's finished. :good:

the third load of wood is soaking as we speak. i think i will have to get an external heater, if anyone has one on 12/16mm pipe clamps let me know :p
thanks im glad it liked,
never know it might be worth entering TOTM when its done

I may of bought some more today :s whoops my bad
so any who. The first piece is

The second piece is.
And the third bit for you all

So with those soaking the latest lot have gone into the tank as I needed the bucket/sink for these one.
so here it is.

And a fts just to show development so far.

Looks very nice! What kind of fish are you planning to get?

Starting to look distinctly brown in there!  Looks great though.  I think that I would soak the wood for longer to get more tannins out with this much wood going in to the tank all at once.

Thanks. Currently I have 20 galaxy rasboras. 6 angels. 2 bns plus fry and 3 peppered cories. Getting more tomorrow. With the light on it doesn't show as much. I like the look atm if it gets much worse then I'll have to take it out for a bit.

Wow, it looks awesome! Lucky fish! 
good.gif

Looks great Norton!
Might wanna keep an eye on the Angels as they grow. Those rasboras may become brekky. :D

Thanks thanks and thanks again.
Was a bit worried about that so hopefully all this wood and hidey holes. Water change today so some tannins should go.

Hi guys. Little update for this week. I decided that my leds were a bit poor for what I wanted, so put two t5s in there for good measure. And I also added a black background to hide them nasty wires . Also put the lastest bits of wood in and bought 20 shrimp as they were ten for one pound fifty
Oh and btw I got another batch of bn babies :D

Most reactions

Back