A Site I Came Across

This is a cool site. This guy had a pretty nice huge set-up and then he did a massive series of water changes with tap water.... stupid move.... all of his corals died.... I dont know why he did that.... with a set-up of that size, I would of hoped the dude knew about saltwater reef chemistry but he apparently didnt...

Ox :crazy:

This is a cool site. This guy had a pretty nice huge set-up and then he did a massive series of water changes with tap water.... stupid move.... all of his corals died.... I dont know why he did that.... with a set-up of that size, I would of hoped the dude knew about saltwater reef chemistry but he apparently didnt...

Ox :crazy:

CF holds his head in his hands and shakes head in disbelieve

The Gallery section is amazing, plenty of inspirational shots in there
Regards
BigC

His skimmer broke or something and didn't have any RO water on hand so he made the decision to use tap water to top off or get the water level to the right spot.

It was something like that...

ya... but come on.... with that sized tank, he should have a good sized RO, so let it run for a night to atleast make some ro and then change over with that. I would rather risk the tank running as is without a skimmer for 12 hours then replace with tap water...prob will still be some loss, but not a complete coral loss like he had in changing with tap water

Ya BigC... thats what it looked like before the fateful day..... it was quite beautiful

Ox :good:

No something happened and there was barely any water in the sump... something broke or leaked or something. Stupid decision indeed.

well I do feel bad about him losing that big tank, but when I have spent thousands of dollars on a beautiful set-up like that, its worth it to spend the extra thousand or two to be back-ups incase there is a leak, a borken skimmer or broekn RO or anything.... well worth the money

Ox :good:

Most reactions

Back