A Question

Depends how hardy the betta is. I heard (but don't quote me) a healthy fish can go even a few weeks without a bite, but should it ever be done? Probably not.

You're suppose to fast them (not feed for 24 hours) once a week. That'll clear any constipation issues.

I fast my 3 zebra danos at work for 2 days a week (and sometimes 3 if its a long weekend), but I also feed them twice the day I leave and feed them a larger meal the day I come back.

My bettas are fasted once a week for 24 hours. Then they get a normal feed (they act like they are starving... its all an act) ;)

ok thanks guys! I'm currently on vacation and left my babies in the care of my neighbor, i'm sure they are doing fine.
But we will surely see when I get home to see them. I had the same person look after them the last time I went on vacation and they did fine.

I was just asking because i'm just worried about my babies, I hate to leave them in the care of somebody,
but when your going to be gone for two weeks, then they must have somebody who will come in and feed them!

Most reactions

Back