A New Start...

lewiss

Fish Herder
Reaction score
ad4af78a.jpg

As the Great Phoenix above represents, through the fire and ash of devastation and grief rose up the magnificent phoenix who represents resurrection in a beautiful form.

As most of you know i recently suffered from a massive bacteria bloom, which caused all my fish to die, presumably from lack of oxygen as the bacteria sucked it from the water. Along with my fish, i also lost my urchin, a few bristle worm, peanut worms, feather dusters, one koko worm, and a number of inverts. Only three corals so far, my white angel harp gorgonian, my blue sponge and my cynarina. Very gutted as you can imagine.

I'm not giving up hope, despite how soul destroying this is. I will not only contine with my tank, it will be better than before.

I must take this opportunity to say thank you so very much for all of your kind words and wishes. All the posts and PM’s were very kind. You guys have really helped so much. :thanks:

Here's a few pictures of the clean up job!

The mess i had to deal with!
00cc64cd.jpg

All my bristle worms seem to run out of the rock for some reason, possible cos they wanted to feast on my dead fish! or possibly because of the bacteria. I originally thought they were all dead, but most were alive! Here's the biggest i saw!
f1dc2a78.jpg

A cluster of those little monsters! I must have hundreds in my tank but i only ever saw the odd one! freaky what hides underneath!
2b2de3c8.jpg

Some other hitchikers that made it, first a peanut worm!
9014e573.jpg

A dead crab that i never saw or knew was in there! Any ideas on type, it resembles a porceline in many features! (theres more if you need them to ID)
e57037d8.jpg

My elegance behaving very strangely after the bloom, puffed out wierdly!
4f4d3a6c.jpg

My other elegance sulking ever since.
06aea89f.jpg

The tank re-scape - still very cloudy but i only just finished moving rock, hope its not still the bacteria! Time will tell :S
5d41754d.jpg

a33c0370.jpg

Good luck looks good already :good: :good:

But those worms :sick: :sick:

Lewis, I love your scape mate! That looks awesome.

Glad your getting back on track mate. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

And as for those bristles! They're huge!

Good luck mate :) will be following :) i'm surprised you didn't take the chance to upgrade slightly :lol: i know i would use it as an excuse if my tank had a crash :shifty:

I don't have the space in my current place. Otherwise I would be all over it! Water is clear this morning! :good:

Thanks Woody, I like the scape aswell. A bit on the left needs either a coral or re-structuring - dont like the bare live rock straight up in a vertical position. Anyone got any ideas what coral I could put there? It would have to be an azoox as it's in the dark.

I'll take a better photo when I can.

PSy puffed up elegance is back to normal!

Zoas need light though Liam. ;)

Best get Lord Sorgan and become his apprentice and get some NPS :ninja:

Hi mate. Leave your scape alone! Its brill! That's what I would like to achieve with my scape somehow. I take it your rock is stacked up against the glass. If so Are you getting enough flow around the back?

After seeing yours i think I'll have to have a play with mine! Lol

Glad your water is clear! Take that as a good sign mate.

What are your current stats out of interest?

As for your coral placement obviously nps at the bottom and photosynthetics higher up. With your current scape tho you've got a nice platform to pic and choose where you want to put them.
:good:

Lewis is that a fluval osaka 155 or do my eyes deceive me I love those tanks. :)

What fish are you wanting to get or will you have the same ones that you lost.

Thanks Woody. Ok I'll leave it cos I am happy with it - I made sure there was a large number of gaps around the back so flow would get through. I've photographed to show you:

dc471206.jpg

5e1b6e0e.jpg

Yeh Liam it is a fluval osaka 155 but with a 200 tank on top! Lol.

Here's some clearer pictures of the tank in general!

57ae8416.jpg

9991b11d.jpg

515ef0e1.jpg

dbcc4c3f.jpg

:)

Most reactions

Back