80 Gallon Midas Hybrid And Oscar Tank

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
Here are my two big sweethearts, Marie Antoinette and Aristotle. Marie kinda stole the show, which is amazing because she's usually camera-shy :D

Tank shot
DSCN3455.jpg

Here's big ol' Aristotle
DSCN3450.jpg

Miss Marie... ain't she a cutie?? :wub:
DSCN3460.jpg

DSCN3470.jpg

"I'm ready for my closeup!"
DSCN3496.jpg

Mmmm... yummy bettas. She spends large portions of her day "admiring" them
DSCN3493.jpg

Together
DSCN3476.jpg

DSCN3499.jpg

Aristotle getting grumpy now about her being too close to his rock :p
DSCN3515.jpg

oh wow... some very gorgeous fish you have there, synirr! marie has such a unique shape, and aristotle has some gorgeous color on him! what a beautiful pair!!!

Wow you have one of my favorite tanks. I love the fish. Cant wait to see more pics. I love my oscars, they are the best fish ive ever kept. So much personality and they know their owners it seems like

Josh

Awesome fish! but i have to ask... oh your midas, was her tail cut off or was she bred like that.. i know there is also blood parrots like that.. but how do they get like that?

Awesome fish! but i have to ask... oh your midas, was her tail cut off or was she bred like that.. i know there is also blood parrots like that.. but how do they get like that?
Pretty sure she was bred that way. There's absolutely no gap in the back where a tail could ever have been, and all her siblings were exactly the same way; the anal and dorsal fins meet at the base. She was sold as a sweetheart parrot when I bought her, but she's obviously not a pure parrot :p. I suspect she is half midas, half blood parrot... I've seen a confirmed spawn of BP x RD and they looked exactly the same as my girl (but with tails, obviously). Some fish are cut and some are bred that way, but I think my girl is the real deal.

^what are the puttin on the freshly cut tail? looks like mini cheese doodles lol

Most reactions

Back