8 New Bettas And A Whole New Problem :/

That first boy is really pretty! But really really skinny! Is he eating well? You may want to treat him for internal parasites!

i know he is fattening up already though, i feed all my fish everyday (this guy is getting 2-3 feeds a day for now) he was in with Lemon tetra at the LFS don't think he got much food since he was there

the mesh for the dividers arrived today now i just need a day off work :lol:

he will be i also have his brother (Polo), he's a DT not sure on what this guy is yet though.

what do you think of Frost for a name? am getting fed up of saying him :lol:

Hmm, not frost.

For a fish to be called frost it needs to be blue... :p

Your betta looks pink to me... :unsure:

Is it white or is it your camera? :p

Oh, I see. So what about calling him Flank?

Yes, I know it's completely random! :lol:

he will be i also have his brother (Polo), he's a DT not sure on what this guy is yet though.

what do you think of Frost for a name? am getting fed up of saying him :lol:
Have you ever thought of buying polycarbonate sheeting to use as dividers. You can buy that stuff at hardware stores. Measure up your tanks and get your sheets cut to size. You can divide up your tank with 3-4 sheets then use a small piece to slot into them at the top to secure them. When you want to breed a pair remove one of the sheets. I've done mine that way works really well no need to buy more tanks. :nod:

i have some mesh with 2mm holes in that i am going to use, just need to wait for the new filter to come and am ready to put my DIY skills to the test :lol:

i have some mesh with 2mm holes in that i am going to use, just need to wait for the new filter to come and am ready to put my DIY skills to the test :lol:

Let's see if your "cutting skills" are as good as mine! ;)

[/quote]
Have you ever thought of buying polycarbonate sheeting to use as dividers. You can buy that stuff at hardware stores. Measure up your tanks and get your sheets cut to size. You can divide up your tank with 3-4 sheets then use a small piece to slot into them at the top to secure them. When you want to breed a pair remove one of the sheets. I've done mine that way works really well no need to buy more tanks. :nod:
[/quote]

Hi. I really like the idea of polycarbonate sheeting. I have a store bought divider and it's so ugly with the thick teal plastic up against the tank. How does the air filter between the sheets? Did you drill tiny holes? Thanks :good:

Lilfishie I hope it works out! That's so nice to be able to have so many bettas! I would keep a dozen if I had a big enough tank and a more attractive way to divide them.

i just wish i had the space to give them each a tank but i don't so next best thing :lol:

Bettas and cories are taking over my bedroom :crazy:

Betta count at 15 :rolleyes: (4 males, 7 females and 4 falx)

Most reactions

Back