7gal Shrimp Only - "forgotten Glade"

I've seen one shrimplet today! Tiny little blighter :lol:

I'm getting a few small patches of diatoms on the front glass, and a little GSA too. Also seeing a few small bits of hair algae on the fissidens at the front on the slates. Not much though.

I really need to get a dosing regime down and stick to it! I plan to do a water change tomorrow and have it sorted by then, and then I'll stick to that :)

I'll try to post some pics too. I've just noticed how much the slates have filled in! Also, the bolbitis seems to be unrolling a few new leaves/shoots too. I think that the floating riccia is blocking out reasonable amount of light, but I think this is working to my advantage, stopping any massive algae outbreaks at this early stage... I'm considering chucking a few of my nerite snails into this tank as additional tank cleaning crew :)

Fingers crossed eh?

I managed to count 4 shrimplets this morning :) Added a Nerite snail to help out with glass cleaning. GSA is starting to take hold a little, so going to do a water change this evening.

My dosing regime starting this week will be:

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 1ml TPN+
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 1ml TPN

1.5ml Easy Carbo daily.

Rest/Water change Sunday.

I've just taken a few update pics. The Staurogyne has bushed out reasonably well. I might need to prune it back in the comming weeks and stimulate some more bushy growth. The moss covered slate has covered nicely :)

CRW_5111-01.jpg

CRW_5113-01.jpg

I've added a spraybar to get a better flow front too back.

Taken some pics this afternoon :)

Shrimplet! (I really need a better lense!):
CRW_5120.jpg

Another:
CRW_5127.jpg

Difficult to get up close, any advice on a cheap macro lense for an EOS300D?
CRW_5124.jpg

Feeding time. I've noticed they've nearly all coloured up nicely now:
CRW_5125.jpg

This root is proving to be a good posing spot:
CRW_5126.jpg

Full shot. That riccia will be gone this time tomorrow :)
CRW_5131.jpg

Next to it's "Big brother" (90cm):
CRW_5132.jpg

It looks first class, the wood the scape the plants and the cherries.
:good:

that riccia should be gone......because some is on its way to meeeeee!!! yea!

great set up by the way i just ordered some cherries off of 5teady so they should go well hopefully!

ps. is it ok to leave plants in them little pots (big tank) as i was told they can die as they are all restricted and cant "breath" as well?

Thanks for the comments guys :) I think I'll post some of these latest pics in members pics are of the forum :D

Davy, no, it's best to plant them. Mine are only in their pots whilst I set up another tank for these plants to be put into :) They've only been in there 4 days. I may end up planting them in the big tank if I can't get this other tank sorted out!

Oh, your riccia is all bagged up sitting next to me at work. I'll have it in the post at lunch time :)

Cheers

Steve :)

Aaww, you have shrimplets already unlike me and my tank has been running longer that yours'.
Tank is looking fab.

Aaww, you have shrimplets already unlike me and my tank has been running longer that yours'.
Tank is looking fab.

I was lucky enough to have 1 pregnant female sent to me with the shrimps my friend sent. She dropped them within 1 1/2 weeks :)

I think that riccia looks cool, in those pics it looks like the leaves on the tree! :lol:

Yeah, it did I guess, hadn't really noticed! It's all gone, appart from a few which escaped. I must say, the tank is a lot brighter, but doesn't have as much of a gloomy feel to it as it did with it in there.

Maybe I'll add some Amazon frogbit at a later date to see what it looks like.

Few pics I took yesterday:

Foreground. P helferi doing OK. Still a little white but new growth is looking better:
CRW_5150.jpg

Young shrimp and baby shrimp. Amazing to see the difference in size :)
CRW_5153.jpg

It's looking fab :good: Love the shrimpies and Fissidens and Bolbitis fern and all the plants :D

Even thought it looks absolutley stunning now (both tanks), It will look even better when the moss has grown and you cant see the string

Most reactions

Back