75 Gallon African Cichlid Tank

Like them , I love them :good: They look great, really jealous of all that space you have there, job well done, are you still getting the Calvus ? I wonder how long it will take for the Multies to fill it with fry :lol:

Very nice, plenty of swimming space for the little fellas! :D

They`re lovely, great pics!! :good: :good:
But then I`m biased as I absolutely love the multis anyway :wub: :wub:

Very nice, plenty of swimming space for the little fellas! :D

Thanks i really am stating to like them they are quite funny to watch :lol: defenatly need a few more they look tiny in my tank :good:

Like them , I love them :good: They look great, really jealous of all that space you have there, job well done, are you still getting the Calvus ? I wonder how long it will take for the Multies to fill it with fry :lol:

cheers, yeah hoping for some calvus but the only tangs in any of my LFS's are multis so think im going to venture further a field. Think i might make a trip to rare aquatics in crew.

Any more ideas on tank mates for them?

Lloyd

Hi just a quick update, the multis are doing well 5 settled quickly but one has stayed under my filter until today, they are the smallest one but is happy with the others now.

They are really interesting/funny to watch :lol:
Started a log on all water stats to make sure the PH stays stable, but am planning on daily/ every other day, water changes so shouldn't drop. so far im just adding bicarbonate of soda every water change, is there a better way of doing it?
Thanks

Lloyd

Hi im going to go and look for some rocks today, hopefully finde some nice ones. if i do im going to try to get some black calvus at the weekend :good:
Lloyd

Will take a look thanks. Just out of interest, did you do a fishless cycle in your tank before adding your fish?

Will take a look thanks. Just out of interest, did you do a fishless cycle in your tank before adding your fish?

Yeah i did using mature media, i didnt complete the cycle because i was only adding 6 small fish so thought it would be a waste.
Lloyd

Update!
Hi added some rocks last week only 3 large ones but will be adding more soon, i would have a pic but lots of brown algae has started to grow in the tank so not bothered taking pics yet. Still no other fish but my multis are doing great :good:
On the more technical side of things i have been doing water changes every 3-4 days and changing about 50L and adding bicarb to the water and it is happily sitting at 8.2 even after 4 days, i think the coral sand. I'm still going to add some of the coral sand to the filter just for piece of mind.
Lloyd

Update!
Hi added some rocks last week only 3 large ones but will be adding more soon, i would have a pic but lots of brown algae has started to grow in the tank so not bothered taking pics yet. Still no other fish but my multis are doing great :good:
On the more technical side of things i have been doing water changes every 3-4 days and changing about 50L and adding bicarb to the water and it is happily sitting at 8.2 even after 4 days, i think the coral sand. I'm still going to add some of the coral sand to the filter just for piece of mind.
Lloyd
pH sounds fine to me mate, job done :good:

just a suggestion here that doesen't involve your stocking, think about external filtration and getting rid of the internal, looking at your tank it seems to take a fair bit of space up :)

just a suggestion here that doesen't involve your stocking, think about external filtration and getting rid of the internal, looking at your tank it seems to take a fair bit of space up :)

Yeah i would love one but just need to get the money to buy one. i have a 205 on my 90L tank and its brilliant. I might treat myself to one on pay day :good:
Thanks
Lloyd

Hello, i haven't posted in a while, been a little busy.

All the multies are doing great. have been speeking to a breeder about getting some julies so should have them in a few weeks.
Still having a small algea problem but its not un barable.
The multies have started to breed :D :D :D :D :D
I first spotted one on sunday and up till now have been able to count 5 but there could be more. they have grown about 2-4mm since sunday and are swimming a little further away from there shells.

Lloyd

Most reactions

Back