70-gallon

xltd1

Reaction score
Tank2.JPG

Pic of my 70-gallon. I built the stand and cover.

Honestly, I have not decided yet. I contemplated Cichlids, but then I would have to find a home for the Danios. So I have been looking for something compatible with the Danios.

Looks great. But why is the cover so big? Does it serve another purpose, sorry its just ive noticed it with some DIY tanks and not really understood.

I have always wondered the same thing! The hood is huge, personally i like the tank to be the focus so i'm not a big fan of large hoods :/

yeah, I failed the tank cloning for different newbish reasons....

but you're using the exact same number of the exact same fish I used for my cycle.

Great guys. Full of character. Didn't lose a single one :good:

I'm not advocating cycling with fish, But if you plan to do it with something 30+ gallons, these guys are perfect and least likely to die.

Looks great. But why is the cover so big? Does it serve another purpose, sorry its just ive noticed it with some DIY tanks and not really understood.

Made the hood bigger for a few reasons
1) Hood has to be big enough so the tank covers can be opened without hitting the lights.
2) Definite full access to anything, such as removing my power filter if needed.
3) Keeps the light from being right next to the water.
4) And finally, better circulation of air to keep the lights cooler.

By the way, the horizontal door on the hood detaches as a whole. It is not a door w/ hinges, but connected by magnets. Can post a pic if anyone is interested for their own.

xltd, your a genuis if I say so myself. That's a very impressive cabinet and hood, not sure about the colour but all to their own, it probably goes with your furniture. I think your tank would make a nice planted tank, maybe consider it in the future?
Very nice!

Neal

Most reactions

Back