55g Mbuna Tank Maybe Now Ill Leave It Alone Now.

mark7616

potatoes
Reaction score
Got bored and grew to dislike my rock so i completely changed the way my mbuna tank looked what you all think.
from this

to this

Wow - liked the look of the first setup, but that second one is absolutely perfect - looks really serene and natural - fantastic :good:

Wow, the new rocks are brilliant, IMO the first rock setup is EEWWW LOL

so clean, so beautiful, i love it :)

that looks so much better.the 1st pic of your tank looked tacky.your tank now looks very professional.well done :good: :good: :good:

No offence but I think the first one was tacky :) But the second one looks perfect :good:

Where did you buy those nice rounded stones from?

I much prefer the new look.. well done. think it would look even better with a plain black background. The rocks are nice, and would stand out even more if they were set against a plain background.

Quick question. It looks like the rocks are up against the glass at the back. is this what most people do. I would have thought that it would have been more tricky to deal with any algae that was in the glass.

oh.. and another question. What algae eaters do people use in those tanks.? I love my little ottos in my community tank, but i bet they would be harrassed in that kind of tank.

Squid

Quick question. It looks like the rocks are up against the glass at the back. is this what most people do. I would have thought that it would have been more tricky to deal with any algae that was in the glass.

oh.. and another question. What algae eaters do people use in those tanks.? I love my little ottos in my community tank, but i bet they would be harrassed in that kind of tank.

Squid

hope mark doesnt mind me answering but....

for algae cleaners you jus use a plec like in any other tank.

its best to get one that stays fairly small tho cos of all the gaps they have to fit through.

and as for cleaning, your supposed to change the layout every couple of months to stop the fish getting too terrotorial and that gives you a chance to clean the whole tank out.

Squid

hope mark doesnt mind me answering but....

for algae cleaners you jus use a plec like in any other tank.

its best to get one that stays fairly small tho cos of all the gaps they have to fit through.

and as for cleaning, your supposed to change the layout every couple of months to stop the fish getting too terrotorial and that gives you a chance to clean the whole tank out.

Thanks.. so i suppose something like a BN plec would be good.. I didn't know you had to change the layout for that purpose, but it makes perfect sense..

Cheers
Squid

Most reactions

Back