50 Gallon What Pred?

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey ... what Pred can I stick in a 50 Gal...?

Previously mentions ... the Rainbow wolf fish but I am not sure where I can get one.

What are the dimensions?

Have you got your red belly problem fixed now? (ie..added a couple more fish and at least a 75g tank?)

Wildwoods sometimes has them for sale on their online shop, if you get fed up of waiting a type of dwarf snakehead might work and look abit similar.

What are the dimensions?

Have you got your red belly problem fixed now? (ie..added a couple more fish and at least a 75g tank?)

I certainly do have my red belly problems fixed ... I have had him for awhile now and is doing perfectly well.

The dimensions of the tank are 36wide x 18Height x 18Deep The woman I bought it from says its a 53 ... which well doesn't add up but I have confirmed the measurements myself.

Wildwoods sometimes has them for sale on their online shop, if you get fed up of waiting a type of dwarf snakehead might work and look abit similar.

Fed up and wait for a Piranha?

No the Piranha is in a 75 all to his own ... I am looking for a fish for the 50 (or 53 so the previous owner claims)

Does a snake head have a tendancy to jump? I don't have a lid for the tank currently.

Doesn't have to be a quick pred ...

Just something that can live in a 50G - 36" x 18" x 18"
Freshwater
Diet of Shrimp, mussells and Squid in adulthood would be a plus point.

Some kind of puffer then. Figure 8 if you can handle brackish water. South american if you want a semi peaceful puffer that lives in fresh. Aggresive freshwater would be congo, king kong, or pignose.

The dimensions of the tank are 36wide x 18Height x 18Deep The woman I bought it from says its a 53 ... which well doesn't add up but I have confirmed the measurements myself.

I am looking for a fish for the 50 (or 53 so the previous owner claims)

Does a snake head have a tendancy to jump? I don't have a lid for the tank currently.

Dimensions 91 x 46 x 46cm/36" x 18" x 18
Surface area 0.42 sqm/4.52 sq ft/ inches sq in
Volume 191 l./42 gal. (50.46 US gal.)
Probable volume 172 l./38 gal. (45 US gal.)

i currently have dwarf snakeheads and a pike in seperate tank and would recommend either. I love my pike he has so much character

i currently have dwarf snakeheads and a pike in seperate tank and would recommend either. I love my pike he has so much character

Pike as in pike cichlid or pike as in northern pike, muskellunge and that?

i cant imagine theyre talking about northerns and muskies. pike cichlid is my guess. ive had northerns AND muskies in aquariums, only when they were very small though. theyre hard to feed everyday and expensive! they dont have a lot of personality either. and, well, you know how big they get

Most reactions

Back