5 hours of work, gravel gone

knutty

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
it took some time. 5 hours exactly, to clean out all of the old gravel / flourite and get everything taken down..and cleaned.. removed the old fluval 304 and installed a new magnum 350 pro HOT ( LOVE IT ). got the UV unit in place, all the goodies. here she is, a new looking tank. The sand is 60 pounds of black tahitian.

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 37
i have a rainbow shark in there, 3 emerald corries, and a HUGE black molly right now. I sent some fishies to a friends tank while i decide what I want to do. IO may move the shark and molly to my 10 and try something new. I jsut got the tank straigt, now I have to find out what kind of fish. I may do african cichlids.

I love the way that black sand looks! I'm doing that with some fake white coral ornaments for some dwarf puffers... I was going to go all white but that would show the algae A LOT.

I dabbled in south american cichlids once. I had a few convicts and a coulple firemouths. I am a complete cichlid moron and it did not work. I was constantly sending them to their corners. Was not a happy tank. The pink convict and the firemouths were fine, but the other convicts made the group uneasy. I am thinking about returning to the cichlid community and i know frehsmike has a tank or two of them. I thinki would like to do an african mix, blue and yellow. I dont even know their names. But i want to it be balanced- no fighting...can this be done? any ideas for stocking? thanks all.

Great looking tank!

Just curious why you chose the Black Substrate when you have several black fish in the tank? -_-

I know it's the "natural" look, but (from the picture) it sure doesn't look like it will highlight the colors of your fish. I usually try for a contrast of fish and substrate.

the rainbow shark looks awesome against it. the red fins stand out great. the black molly is merely there until i get my cichlids. I am waiting for my 10 gallon to cycle. I will be taking the shark and molly out for bright yellow and electric blue cichlids when the 10 is cycled.

Nice tank ... I love the gravel. Can you please get a close pic of the gravel for me? pretty pleaseeeeee
Anyway, does anyone know what is the name of the plant knuty has on his tank, the one on the far right side? The stem plant .... is this bacopa carolliana?

knutty said:
it took some time. 5 hours exactly, to clean out all of the old gravel / flourite and get everything taken down..and cleaned.. removed the old fluval 304 and installed a new magnum 350 pro HOT ( LOVE IT ). got the UV unit in place, all the goodies. here she is, a new looking tank. The sand is 60 pounds of black tahitian.
Ooooohhhhhh!!!! Very nice! Looks like it was worth the time and effort. More pics with the rainbow shark, please!

Pamela
aka Lizard

Most reactions

Back