450L Of Salty Water To Tang Tank

A very long piece of pipe :)

Book my appointment with Mike for Saturday woot :)

So new fish photos soon then? It`ll be nice to see you finally get some fish in the tank :nod:

Not much fun doing such big water changes, thank God for the 'python' hose principle is all I can say for my 2X 380L tanks :crazy: But at least you`re pretty much there now :good: :good:

Oops, double post -_-

Thought I would do a large water change to get rid of them nitrates :)

to be honest it was easier doing 400L of fresh water than 50L of saltwater :)

Am 99% sure on what I want torn between black calvus and golden Comps

I ended up with 2 black calvus and 1 yellow comp (rehomed 2 but 1 died). I rehomed the comps believing them to be calvus but found out after not so. To be honest I can't help you to choose between the two as I really like both. I guess it will just come down to you making a choice at the last minute.
They're not meant to be kept together due to cross breeding but I don't think I could bear to part with my little yellow comp now :wub:

Upped my ammonia to 15ml as I will most probably adding 20 fish in over the weekend need to make sure there is plenty nof bacteria to cope with the load ;)

Early test tonight showed all ammonia and nitrite to have been eaten up 15 ml added 1 big water change tomorrow hen we are done :)

Guessing my bacteria is good to go added 15ml ammonia last night tested this morning both at 0 ammonia and Nitrite

Yeah it seems all done if you`re getting 0`s now :good:

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on stocking it with now B-)

Will br grabbing my stock tommorrow soooo hard to decide guessing I will make my final selection when I am there :)

Not much fun doing such big water changes, thank God for the 'python' hose principle

Hi, sorry for nudging in, what's a python hose ? :blush:

The hosepipe thing that`s connected together via the standard hosepipe connectors. It`s made the water changes on my tanks soooooo much easier :good: :good:

Will br grabbing my stock tommorrow soooo hard to decide guessing I will make my final selection when I am there :)

At least you`ll be able to make an informed choice on whatever you get :good:

Looking forward to seeing what you bring home with you, have a look at the Tropheus mpulungu kasakalwe when you're there and let me know what you think, hell take a snap and post it :lol:
Seriously though, be nice to see that tank with some cool Tangs in it, good luck :good:

Just back from my journey to Mikes and we have boxes :)

P1010979.jpg

Started to drip acclimtise

In Bucket 1 we have these 3 fishes

P1010981.jpg

In Bucket number 2

We have these 5 fishes :)

P1010982.jpg

More piccies to follow

Most reactions

Back