450L Of Salty Water To Tang Tank

Tested again today and I am surprised that the ammonia is down to 0.5 Nitrites are about 2

P1010958.jpg

hurry up Morri!!!

I;m looking forward to some fish in this tank :good:

Added 20 ml ammonia last night stats the same today as yesterday so guessing the ammonia bacteria is growing well just need lots of nitrite bacteria to form ;)

Added 20 ml ammonia last night stats the same today as yesterday so guessing the ammonia bacteria is growing well just need lots of nitrite bacteria to form ;)

You`re getting there :good: Once you get nitrite readings which then get to 0 (same as ammonia) you`ll hopefully be ready to roll :)

It's going in the right direction, looking forward to seeing some fish :good:
Good progress :good:

Its very weird having my tank bubbling away with no fish in :(

I have spoken to Mike and plan to pop up and get some fish in a week or two if stats are sorted

ammonia dropped off to 0 tonight so added another 20ml

Nitrites are hard to tell still high

Decided to test Nitrates to see if everything is on track have about 40ppm in the tank 10ppm from the tap so definatly going the right way :)

Still adding amonia daily and it hits 0 Nitrites still staying high hoping they will drop by the weekend so I can go buy some fish :)

Getting bored of looking at empty tank :(

Nitrates are off the scale Nitrites are still not dropping to 0 yet was hoping to get to merseyside this weekend but guessing not now

Tank looks very clear still would have expected some algae growth with the nitrates so high

Ignore the sponge filter it will go in the sump once I am ready for fish

DSC03736.jpg

Looking good Morri

why are you going to Merseyside?

Simon

RiftvalleyCichlids seems to have the best selection for Tang tanks only a 2 hour drive so worth it over delivery can see what I am spending my wedge on :)

just seen it advertised in st helens!! a huuge selection on the website

Yip best selection I have seen heard a lot of good reports

I am after a trio of wild ventralis so I can sell on the fry :)

Cyps, Ventralis, Punks and maybe altolamprologus compressiceps or calvus

Most reactions

Back