450L Of Salty Water To Tang Tank

It looks like it's coming together :good: Enjoy the visit to Mike's , to far away for me :sad: I hear he has some Punks arrived and ready for sale soon :good: I would love a look at all the Tropheus tanks :good: I wouldn't get to bothered looking at the empty tank, I had 3 :grr: , only 3 fish in one and some fry in the other...
Looking forward to seeing what you brin home with you, I bet you get carried away :good:

Me ? Get carried away Never!!!!

Sold my GHL etc. so have a few pounds spare :hey:

Looking at 12 - 15 Cyp Utinta unless there are some others that take my fancy

3 - 4 Wild Ventralis dependant on what I see

4 Synodontis lucipinnis 'Dwarf Petricola' Not 100% on the numbers :)

a pair of punks as Elisew keeps telling me I need them

And a pair of Calvus or Compressiceps not sure which yet

Good number on the Cyps, be nice to see what the Utinta are like when coloured up, you definately need Punks , very entertaining, plenty of Calvus to choose from but have seen some Compressiceps (Kigoma) wild , very tempting :good:

So am I getting the blame for encouraging you? :unsure: :lol: :lol:

You`ll love the punks if you get them, they`re entertaining and give a bit more colour to the tank with the yellow of their fins. They`re funny, proud little fish who will swim around with their fins erect a lot of the time, they`re just brill :wub: :good:
I got my lucipinnis from Mike and have to say they`re really healthy and very busy little things and have grown a fair bit since I got them. I have 6 as apparently the larger the number in a group the more they`ll interact and spend time out in the tank.....mine still stay hidden within the holes and cracks in the ocean rock though :/
Have a word with Mike about the numbers, he`ll be able to advise you ;)

It's a good list you`ve got together, you`ll have a pretty peaceful tank which with the Tangs is good. Peaceful and enjoyable to watch B-)

morri. mike has a lovely pair of nsumba black calvus. Was really tempted myself but id gone up for the goldheads.

Shhhh you lot I am struggling with just having an empty tank :)

I was looking at the Gold Heads but was also looking at Calvus

I am off next Friday so if all is settled I will go then

Nitrites are still not dropping off am I just being impatient ammonia took 6 days to drop off been 2 weeks was expecting nitrites to have dropped by now ?

PH is 7.4
10 ml ammonia a day
Ammonia drops to 0 everyday
Nitrites stay purple even after a while still purple on API test kit

Nitrites are still not dropping off am I just being impatient ammonia took 6 days to drop off been 2 weeks was expecting nitrites to have dropped by now ?

PH is 7.4
10 ml ammonia a day
Ammonia drops to 0 everyday
Nitrites stay purple even after a while still purple on API test kit

Lovin this journel so far mate. Just be patient regarding the nitrite it will soon drop.

Thanks Woody ;)

I think things are going the right way as up till now when I add the API test solution it went purple straight away

Now the solution starts blue then goes purple over the next few mins

So Fingers crossed for this weekend :)

looks good so far hope the nitrate drops soon for you :good:

Aye tested again later showing 0.25 Nitrites if 0 when i get home I will do a big water change to get rid of the Nitrates.

Fill it back up keep feeding ammonia until Friday another water change then fish on Sat :)

Aye tested again later showing 0.25 Nitrites if 0 when i get home I will do a big water change to get rid of the Nitrates.

Fill it back up keep feeding ammonia until Friday another water change then fish on Sat :)

You have the patience of a saint, never one a fishless cycle, admiration to your perceverance :good:

As suspected nitrites are 0 tonight :)

Just need to do a 400L water change to get rid of them nitrates :p fun fun fun

Most reactions

Back