30g Reef Cube Journal

Well its volts times amps to give watts. I run it 20cm above the water level, doesnt heat the tank one bit. But if im wrong about the ballast im glas but costs 4p an hour to run on say 9.5p per kilowatt.

Where are you getting the amp rating? CF is right, there's no way a 150watt halide draws 576. If it's magnetically ballasted, its real-world draw is probably around 220watts and if it's electronically ballasted, probably more like 175watts.

on the light unit. Well i must be wrong lol. But its a good light for the price. Granted i paid only £80 cos of trade but still £130 is cheap. Only thing i would say is classica are raising their prices at end of month so order it before otherwise i think its gone up another £20.

I have just found EDF electricity tariff and worked it out for the halide. They charge 10.5p per kW.h and so for the halide which is rated at 180W you should expect to spend 18.9p/day or about £1.40/week. I also live in Sussex we (if you are also with EDF) have one of the highest tariffs in the country typical eh??

Hope this helps

Regards

I dunno who we are with but either way i pay 5.50 a week for everything, which is ok. But yer typical all prices vary depending on how rich the area is so annoying cos i aint lol.

Little update, got a cabinet made, thought great! but no was made too small to fit my sump... :angry: so now waiting for one to be made again as i cba to make another one.

One thing though my cheato refugium is coverd in hairalgea, my phosphates are 0 but i do run the light 24/7? Should i reduce it?

So for now the tank is still running and i can only add CUC and few corals lol so enjoy!

My insane Zoos i picked up today.
P2030043.jpg

Green spot favia
P2030052.jpg

P2030040.jpg

Blue mushrooms- the classic!
P2030057.jpg

Toadstool once again a must have in the reef.
P1250030.jpg

Main shots
P2030053.jpg

P2030054.jpg

P2030055.jpg

If your phosphates are zero and there's no nusiance algae in the display tank, who cares what grows in the refugium :)

Yer sorry tbh been off the forum bit wanting to buy other things.

Got my new cabinet in with new sump which is 10x better! And changed my skimmer to a Tunze 9005 as my old skimmer dont fit in new sump due to sump division thickenss. So if interested in a beast going cheap let me know its on "buy and sell section". And added my old 15watt UV on there just cos i thought might aswell use it and not let it just go rusty in the garage :shifty: .

Got 4 fish now and a green branching hammer.

Was gunna get 2 clarkiis but they didnt look right so got 2 percs, royal gramma and my sixline which randomly gets red eyes occasionally. Oh yer and 2 cleaner shrimps and couple hermits.

Temp 25c
Ph 8.24
Salinity 1.025
Alk 9
Ca 400
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phos 0
Here some shots baring in mind my camera makes it look crap its not that bad :blush: :

P3100012.jpg

P3100001.jpg

P3100011.jpg

P3100002.jpg

P3100007.jpg

P3100008.jpg

Ta

Most reactions

Back