30g Reef Cube Journal

Cheers ski, well got the tank filled up seemed to need over 230 litres which is odd, the tank is apparently only 140... Anyways.

Im using TMC pro reef salt and the ph is shocking!! 7.6??? Any ideas why?

Also i got a 3000lph pump running and mygod it was soo noisy! even when i turned to pump to 1500 the water flowing noise was a like a waterfall. So ive put back the small 2000lph pump with smaller height and its very quiet now. Seemed to be that the flow was too much for the pipes or summit. So will 2x turnover still be ok for skimming and heating?

Atm a 150watt heater is keeping it at 25.

IMO it should be... You might have to dial the heater a little hotter in the sump than you want the display, but I don't see why it wouldn't work...

Well what ive done is used the 3000lph instead and tap it with a T piece. So flow is higher now but not as slow, dont think heating will be issue now but im more worried in skimming imo.

Anyways i dont understand why TMCs new salt sucks so much! 7.7ph!!?? Would you dose ph buffer?

Well ive got 19kilos in there now, want a bit more for scaping to the top but very pleased with it.

Caught 3 crabs so far still waiting from the new rock.

Front
PC300116.jpg

Side

PC300117.jpg

Hope you like!

Is the lighting the classica 150 with LEDs or did you go with something else? It looks halide in the picture and if that is the classica my corals will love it...... hopefully (CF has fingers crossed :look:). The tank is looking real good and awaiting the maturation process to proceed....

Regards

Tank looks great! I think the coral will love the light!

Do you know what crabs you have? Did you put them in your sump?

Where did you get your LR from? (if it was from a website)

Tom.

Is the lighting the classica 150 with LEDs or did you go with something else? It looks halide in the picture and if that is the classica my corals will love it...... hopefully (CF has fingers crossed :look:). The tank is looking real good and awaiting the maturation process to proceed....

Regards
Yer its a classica 150watt pendant. Its really good camera doesnt do justice, dont heat the tank up neither i think in 10 hours it went up 1 deg. But only bad thing is it runs a hefty 576 watts electric bill. Im paying my parents 4pence an hour for it! £5.50 a week for the whole system!

If you want a cheaper to run unit check out arcadias series 4 same light just its got a lower wattage. But i didnt find this out till i hang mine up.

As for crabs i cought, a teddy bear, blue one with red eyes and it was like 1" big! and a little greenish one. No i did the deed. Harsh i know but didnt want them.

LR i bought from shops cos of shapes bit more expensive but i dont mined i got what i want but im gunna add another 3 kilos just to build it bit higher.

Thanks for your comments.

Looks good. Can't wait to see further progress :D

I'm just curious, what did you have in the previous setup? (I know, I know curiosity killed the cat...but I'm not a cat :lol:)

Im my old tank well it was once a reef tank here is a link of it 52 gallon

Then converted it to a discus tank. Sold that now finally back to where i belong.

It was one of the 1st in my LFS from TMC for the first few captive bread. I paid £125 at the time but well worth it, i want another but dont have the room for it cos it was atleast 8" span on it.
DSCF0613.jpg

Beautiful. Maybe you will find a small frag of one somewhere. Never seen anything as good in my locals

Ive been watching the tank slowly, and now i need a new stand i just keep looking at rock lol. So there lots of life on here mainly marco algeas anyone know what they are?

P1070126.jpg

Grassy one seems every where
P1070133.jpg

P1070132.jpg

Plus i seem to be getting hair algea in my sump from my fug light on 24/7 should u reduce it to 12 hours or summit at night?

The other wierd one im getting its like a simply green root with like a few small branches on it like talking 1mm big any ideas or is that more hair algea?

That green root is most probably caulerpa or some other type of macros, let it develop and you will find out. How did you come up with a power rating of 576W for your pendant? The ballast on the classica draws 20% more electricity than the bulb rating which in the case of the 150W gives a grand total of 180W?! Most peculiar :blink: ........
How close are you running it to the surface? Sorry for all the questions just interested.

Regards

Most reactions

Back