29g Saltwater Nano Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Is the torch coral a Euphyllia species?
If yes, keep it well away from other corals because they have long tentacles and fight.

Post #340. The fish don't like the new light. They are on the side of the tank avoiding the light.

The purple light is ultraviolet so don't look at it. The UV light is what makes the corals luminesce.
Not sure to be honest, but I did keep it well away from other corals.

That was just a bad picture, they are ok with it.

Right now I have it on ramp up and ramp down, starting at 7:00 AM and ending at 9:00 PM. (The last 2 hours of the day just have 5% and 10% blue lights)

I will post the full schedule later today.

The torch is toast... it's not doing well at all. The tentacles haven't come out whatsoever over the past couple of days. It's also a super small frag, around the size of a nickel.

Do a big water change and see if it helps.

And when you get corals or anemones, make sure the person at the shop waves their hand near the coral so it retracts the tentacles. Then they can wrap it in wet paper and put it in a bag of water. Smaller corals don't always need paper but it helps stop the coral popping the bag and squashing the polyps against the bag.

Do a big water change and see if it helps.

And when you get corals or anemones, make sure the person at the shop waves their hand near the coral so it retracts the tentacles. Then they can wrap it in wet paper and put it in a bag of water. Smaller corals don't always need paper but it helps stop the coral popping the bag and squashing the polyps against the bag.
Oh, they never put it in paper, just put it I a bag. I literally think they squashed it (or rather the bag did), but they don’t offer any refunds.

As long as it still shows signs of life, it has a chance.

Tank is doing great! (Minus the torch of course)
2404A3E7-D413-4204-9DF6-251199BD3784.jpeg

Paly colony is looking really healthy:
BC362591-F0AF-4235-85F1-9CDE77F66FA2.jpeg

The Cinnamon Paly is also looking really good, with a new head growing in!
82A2FACC-49E2-443B-BD47-DC75C6F23558.jpeg

The mushroom is doing absolutely fantastic:
41E9BF9A-DB73-4D7E-8F77-8E6D3D70B3A6.jpeg

The hermit crab is content just sitting under the rocks, keeping his little circle of sand clean ;Hilarious
DFDC4F6B-BFC4-4811-9092-3D05C5B23B11.jpeg

...Think it would survive being mailed to the UK?
Where do you put shrimp molts (personally)? All mine go in a jar of surgical spirit in my bedroom.
Lol, maybe? :lol:

I have never collected one, because my cherry shrimp molts are way to small. I’m considering try to preserve it.

Lol, maybe? :lol:

I have never collected one, because my cherry shrimp molts are way to small. I’m considering try to preserve it.
Vampire shrimp are awesome for preserving molts. Big, and all stay together in two pieces. You just pop the "helmet" onto the carapace and you've got a full shrimp husk. I might need a bigger jar soon, since I'm wanting a few more shrimp for my 170L at some point.

I do wonder if the molt you've got would survive the trip, though... I'm not entirely sure if they rot and decompose, or if you'd be able to dry them out.

Vampire shrimp are awesome for preserving molts. Big, and all stay together in two pieces. You just pop the "helmet" onto the carapace and you've got a full shrimp husk. I might need a bigger jar soon, since I'm wanting a few more shrimp for my 170L at some point.

I do wonder if the molt you've got would survive the trip, though... I'm not entirely sure if they rot and decompose, or if you'd be able to dry them out.
Well, this guy managed to keep his molt all in one piece!

It probably would survive, but it would cost a small fortune to send it all the way over there...

Well, this guy managed to keep his molt all in one piece!

It probably would survive, but it would cost a small fortune to send it all the way over there...
That's true... Maybe another day.
I just left the moults in the tank and they would just disolve/break down in there.
I wonder if you can dry them out.

Would have thought so, I did take the very first moult out and daughter took it to school to show her teachers. She brought home, but had got bored of it by then(having to look after it all day takes it toll on a 5 year old lol) so went in the bin

Most reactions

Back