29 Gallon Stocking After Winter Storm

I would like a cichlid but the last time I had one it fought my corys over the shrimp pellet and ate their barbles :angry: . So maybe a blue gourami but dont they get like 6 inches big or is that just males?

I would like a cichlid but the last time I had one it fought my corys over the shrimp pellet and ate their barbles :angry: . So maybe a blue gourami but dont they get like 6 inches big or is that just males?
I have a convict cichlid, and corys, and they both seem to get along fine, so if you get a female, who tends to be less aggressive (watch them in the tank if there's a large group, the most aggressive females tend to stick out)
and blue gouramis only get 4-4.5", even though i have a male pushing just over 5" at my dads (he's unhappy and aggressive...)

OK maybe a dwarf blue gourami that only get about 2.5in would be better?

Blue gourami's just fine, lmao
no problem with a fish that big !
You could get a dwarf, but the regular blue is just fine

yeah ill get a dwarf instead.
Is the stocking good?
7 harlequins
6 black phantoms
1 dwarf gourami
5 peppered corys
1 apple snail

could I add anything else?

I'd say you're close to pushing it a bit as :p
if you clean it enough though (weekly water change) I wouldn't see a problem adding in another harlequin and two more black phantoms, just to even them out

no problem william, let me know how things work out, and if you bump into any problems !

Instead of black phantoms could I have cherry barbs instead?

thanks I found that they look good when they are males should I get 6 of them still?

they're really small, so i'd say you could either stick with the six, and get another cory or something to even it out, or you could get another barb or two

Most reactions

Back